WIN News

This has been a WIN News presentation from the WIN Network, Australia’s largest regional television network.

Can they squeeze some extra "WIN"s or "network"s into that long VO?

3 Likes

The way this whole schamozzle of a network is the primary reason why that walking corpse Bruce Gordon shouldn’t be running or owning ten. Isnt he about 90 years old anyway. I am not sure why he cares about owning media in Australia. But here he is trying to get ten through the courts rather than accept the superior deal from cbs.

4 Likes

Perhaps WIN could look at the 4:30pm slot as an alternative to the 6pm slot in some of the markets for WIN news and then air an encore at 7pm on ONE and/or GOLD.

My reasoning is simple, TEN moved their flagship news program to 5pm years ago to take it away from the competition. The 4:30pm slot could work for 2 reasons, firstly it would be a lead in to TEN Eyewitness News in those regions and secondly as WIN airs Bold and The Beautiful at 8am as a lead in to Studio 10, there is not necessarily a need to screen it at 4:30pm. Plus an encore presentation at 7pm on ONE and/or GOLD would mean it would not be head to head with the major commercial news brands

1 Like

then there will be a big uproar about it, that is what happened when Ten decided to change B&B from the 4.30 slot. Not long after, they reversed their decision. When the show is not on the usual weekday slot, the fans cry foul over it.

Interesting idea, but I think 4.30 is too early.

And I don’t think 1 or 11 have the profile to get sufficient viewers or advertisers.

2 Likes

No weather tonight on WIN News Illawarra, we were given a scenic loop instead! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

11 Likes

Not as bad but we got the wrong regions weather tonight receiving Border/North-East weather instead of Central Victoria

3 Likes

That triggered flashbacks from July 2016!

giphy

7 Likes

Whoops! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Viewer initial reaction:

IMG_1001

Then:

IMG_1002

Or perhaps (covering all age demos :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:):

IMG_1003

8 Likes

Giving :clap: the :clap: viewers :clap: what :clap: they :clap: want :clap:

9 Likes

haha that’s my weather!

I thought 5pm was too early years ago and it appears to have worked, plus Seven/Prime and Nine/NBN/SC Nine all have news from 4pm til 5pm. I also noticed that Hogans Heroes is on 6pm and 10:30am on One, so that could be an option for an encore of Local News.

Alternatively they could do what they do in Southern NSW and follow their programming principles there. Either way I think there will be one company coming last, whether it be Prime, NBN or WIN, my original idea comes from the idea a good lead in to the news. And as for Bold and The Beautiful, they could air it at 4pm (abeit maybe the episode from the morning repeated due to programming agreement restrictions).

Another game changer could be if CBS are successful in buying TEN they may review the length of TEN News and maybe move the timeslot of TEN News to 6pm. The outcome of the CBS proposal to buy the TEN network could delay any proposed Local News for Northern NSW because whats the point in starting a news bulletin at 6pm if in say 6 months time you need to move it to 5:30pm?

2 Likes

There has been zero info about any such news service, so there is nothing to delay.

Ultimately any decisions could be delayed by what might happen in the next 6 months or so with TEN itself

Melissa Russell is presenting sport on WIN News Illawarra tonight.

2 Likes

From the WIN News Northern NSW & Gold Coast Facebook page.

21463207_142993079638288_8681386954721498107_n

4 Likes

To me, that suggests WIN News is at least being looked at in Northern NSW and Gold Coast areas

1 Like

Suggests to me that they’re just broadcasting what they’re required to provide per the relevant regulations.

5 Likes

At the moment based on what is being shown on their Facebook pages, its just 2 minute updates