WIN News

While on the subject of WIN’s closers, has anyone ever found out/know of the previous theme they used Late 90’s/early 00’s in the clip below?

https://youtu.be/oilO8PkHzrM

1 Like

That WIN News closer I posted is also on iTunes.

1 Like

Some Illawarra content…

28th June:

4th July:

30th July:

9th August:

Other caps:

4 Likes

When a green screen goes horribly wrong.

1 Like

Sunshine Coast fire coverage on WIN - all packaged reports

3 Likes

I’m currently working on a special for my YouTube channel on WIN News axings.
I know the ones that were axed this year, but I’m sure there were others.
Does anyone know of other WIN News bulletins axed recently?
Help would be appreciated!

2 Likes

Mackay and Mildura were scrapped in 2015. Mt Gambier/Riverland in 2013 and the Regional WA one in 2012. Griffith had a stand-alone bulletin until 2006 then it got incorporated into the now axed Riverina bulletin.

3 Likes

You legend. Thank you!
PS: Wasn’t there a SA bulletin?

1 Like

I think the SA one also used to be two separate bulletins, one for Riverland (Renmark) and one for the South East (Mount Gambier). Not sure exactly when they were merged, 2005 or thereabouts?

1 Like

I can’t find any footage of the SA bulletin from 2012-2013. I want to see the opening card

1 Like
3 Likes

Nah. That’s 2011

So close!

1 Like

Does anyone know if all WIN bulletins from this era had the watermark in the upper right-hand corner. Credit to @Zampakid for the cap. Also note the top story not even having a reporter covering it.

1 Like

That was the standard program watermark of the time. I do recall the 8 watermark in the bulletin before they finally changed it to WIN in the early 2000s so unsure if this was just an SA thing or more widespread.

2 Likes

Do you know when the merged bulletin was axed?

1 Like

It was axed in February 2013.

2 Likes

Have there been any times where markets in WIN’s area have NEVER had a region-specific or statewide bulletin? Also, do the statewide bulletins…
a) still exist?
b) air (or aired) in markets with no regular bulletin?

1 Like

The only statewide bulletin is in Tasmania. Other bulletins are market specific. All markets (excluding NNSW which only joined WIN a few years ago) have at one point or another had a WIN News bulletin.

The days of WIN creating new bulletins are over due to decreasing profit as a result of ongoing high affiliation costs.

3 Likes

Thanks.
I meant the summer edition statewide bulletin.

1 Like
Get Connected: Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter