Why can’t I receive the new TV channels? – A Guide to 7HD, 7mate HD, 7flix, 9HD, 9Gem HD, 9Life, 9Rush, 10 HD, 10 Shake, ABC HD, SBS HD, Viceland HD and World Movies HD

New channel grid posted in article that incorporates ABC HD and Ten HD in NNSW. Not sure if it has caught up with the latest changes in regional areas though. Also some info on ABC HD.

Article and channel grid updated to reflect current 7HD situation.

2 Likes

Also, the FAQ says 9HD is absent in Tasmania.

Is that the WIN FAQ?

Can someone advise the Tasmanian LCNs for the MPEG 4 channels thanks.

Southern Cross - Seven
6/61 - SCTV
60 - SCHD [MPEG-4 HD]
62 - 7Two
63 - 7mate
68 - Racing.com [MPEG-4 SD]

TDT - Nine
5/51 - Nine
50 - 9HD [MPEG-4 HD]
52 - 9Gem
53 - 9Go!

WIN TV - Ten
8/88 - WIN
80 - WIN HD [MPEG-4 HD]
81/86 - ONE
82 - ELEVEN
83 - Placeholder
84 - TVSN
85 - WIN GOLD [MPEG-4 SD]

4 Likes

The Southern Cross section, not the FAQ sorry.

Very strange, have had 9HD here since launch.

Just letting you know 9Life is available in Darwin on Channel 94, at least in my hotel room.

Also of interest is SCTV Channel 74, currently listed as TBA. Any speculation as to what that may be?

2 Likes

I believe that used to be YESSHOP before it folded last year

1 Like

Bum, I was getting my hopes up that 7HD or Flix was being rolled out on a wider scale.

Interesting. I wonder how long 9Life has been broadcasting in Darwin for…

Yep, I believe that 54 is (or was?) the black screen channel on SCA Ten in Northern NSW. TVSN is on 57, One is on 50 while Ten HD is 52.

Don’t ask me to explain the logic of SCA’s TV operations, but at least one of the very few good things about WIN taking over ownership of NRN is the likelihood of an eventual LCN reshuffle.

Is it possible to tell if it is MPEG 4 or MPEG2 so the channel grid can be updated?

All dependent on SCA, who haven’t rolled out either HD* or 7FLIX in their markets

*SCTV TAS has a HD channel on 60 but from what I’ve read on here is just upconverted

Being Nine owned and operated, 9LIFE will be in MPEG2 in line with its other stations

I’m afraid I couldn’t tell you - the TV info lists the channel as 576i SD if that helps.

With SBS VICELAND now only available in MPEG4 HD, the upcoming launch of SBS World Movies (also expected to be an MPEG4 HD-only channel) and what appears to be a MPEG4 return for a HD version of 9Gem in Nine O&O markets, we might need to blow the dust off this old thread and give it an update? :slight_smile:

EDIT: Oh, and an update to the HD main channel situation with Seven/Prime7 regionally + SCA Seven in Darwin as well!

2 Likes

Updated today.

2 Likes

In Perth 7 is in HD not 7mate

You’ve quoted a three year old post there; the latest revision reflects the current situation

6 Likes

Just reading through the thread and noticed a few minor points.

7 HD is also available in regional QLD on channel 7 and 70.

When I was visiting Toowoomba recently, 7food Network was on LCN 74.
All other 7-based channels were in the 60’s, but 7food network was on 74 for some reason.

Also noticed in the table that is attached that WIN HD in Northern NSW is listed as LCN 80 when it should be LCN 50.

2 Likes

Updated to remove 7food network and added 7mate HD.

Also fixed this.

3 Likes