Wednesday 20 April 2022

These ratings really show what a force MAFS was. Maybe some of it has got to do with it being school holidays and between two long weekends.

I think if MasterChef (or even any of these reality formats) premiered next week they could have capitalised on people that tried one of the other formats but dropped off.

It is run like a marketing exercise for Sky News and Newscorp.

2 Likes

All three reality shows are quickly losing their shine. Looks like the Back to Win season for Masterchef back in 2020 only temporarily halted its inevitable decline in ratings. Lego Masters is doing well in the demos despite the total ratings failing to impress compared to the highs of the first two seasons. The Voice is also down big time which suggests the Tokyo Games really gave it the biggest push it needed last year.

1 Like

From Nine:

• Lego Masters was Australia’s No. 1 Entertainment program with key demos People 25-54 and 16-39
  • Lego Masters was the No. 1 program with key demographics across the 5 City Metro
  • Lego Masters dominated its timeslot with People 25-54 across the 5 City and in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth
  • Lego Masters recorded a Live + VOD BVOD Audience of 39,000, up 40% YoY
  • 9News won its timeslot with Total People in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
  • A Current Affair was a timeslot winner across the 5 City, East Coast and in Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane.
  • The Thing About Pam won its timeslot with People 25-54, 16-39, and GS + Child in Melbourne.
  • 9 Network was the No. 1 network on Wednesday across the 5 City Metro with People 25-54 (29.7%).

From 10:

Network 10 (10 + 10 Bold + 10 Peach + 10 Shake):

• Up 25% in 16 to 39s week-on-week, 18% in under 50s and 16% in 25 to 54s.
  • Channel 10: Up 36% in 25 to 54s week-on-week, up 32% in under 50s and 30% in 16 to 39s.
  • 10 Peach: #1 multi-channel in its key demo of 16 to 39s.

MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites Wednesday:

• #3 entertainment show in under 50s and all key demos.
  • #2 in its timeslot in 16 to 39s.
  • Live stream audience up 8% compared with Ep 3, 2021.

First Dates Australia:

• #2 in its timeslot in 16 to 39s.

The Project 7pm:

• #1 in its timeslot in under 50s and all key demos.

10 News First:

• #1 in its timeslot in under 50s.
  • #2 in its timeslot in 25 to 54s and 16 to 39s.

Outside the top 20 included:

Rank Channel Program
21 Nine THE THING ABOUT PAM
22 ABC TOMORROW TONIGHT-EV
23 Nine NINE’S AFTERNOON NEWS
24 10 FIRST DATES AUSTRALIA
25 10 THE PROJECT 6.30PM
26 Nine HOT SEAT -5PM
27 Seven SUNRISE
28 Seven SEVEN NEWS AT 4.30
29 Seven SEVEN NEWS AT 4
30 10 10 NEWS FIRST 6PM
31 Nine TODAY
34 Seven THE LATEST: SEVEN NEWS
35 SBS TONY ROBINSON’S COAST TO COAST
36 ABC MELBOURNE COMEDY FESTIVAL ALLSTARS SUPERSHOW-LE
38 Sky News Live LEADERS’ DEBATE: THE PEOPLE’S FORUM

At breakfast, Sunrise dropped from yesterday’s high number but stayed 40k clear of underperforming Today that was just 3k ahead of News Breakfast. Most of Sunrise’s win was due to Adelaide and Perth numbers.

Syd S > T > N
Mel N > T > S
Bri T > S > N
Ade S > T > N
Per S > T > N

2 Likes

It was… in regional areas. Would be interesting to see how it rated in the areas it was available.

I thought I’d deleted Sky News Regional from my channel guide list because I couldn’t find it when I went looking for it in the 80s LCNs as the debate was about to start. It has been so long since I’d watched Sky News that I’d forgotten it was now part of Southern Cross’s suite of channels. I did notice the PQ was far superior to what it was when WIN was delivering the channel. Everything else about the presentation was disappointing. Kieran Gilbert’s moderation was a joke.

I wonder how many viewers switched off Gogglebox last night during the last segment. I dry retched when that sock came off and had to turn the TV off. Anyone know if the old bloke’s unfortunate foot problem could be dealt with?

I’m really interested to see how the reality tentpole battle unfolds next week. Due to Seven’s AFL commitments in Melbourne & Adelaide, Lego Masters & MasterChef will have less competition on Sunday night. Whether that a) Gives either/both a boost and b) Impacts The Voice when it returns on Monday night will be something to watch.

BAD numbers for Nine News Adelaide by showing the Melbourne bulletin. Similar results for Nine News Perth, but they showed their own bulletin.

1 Like

Probably also because Seven and 10 weren’t rating up against Married.

Now we have three staple reality shows up against each other which are all rating, to some extent. Makes it harder for any to run away.

Last year Voice and Lego were not head-to-head.

2 Likes

And it’s not going to change anytime soon after the debates commission was rejected.

1 Like

The debate in regional areas ranked 40th overall on Sky News Regional which is good for a multichannel. It ranked higher than the version on Foxtel that was 51st. The combined audience would have placed it about 24th overall.

It was genetic and really just amounted to excess keratin.

4 Likes

Yes it was. My god that was the most hideous stuff I’ve seen in my life. There was a warning but fuck me it was scarring.

1 Like

Well maybe the networks will listen to viewers eventually - 60 Minute Episodes of realities… Did someone say 2 and a bit hours of MasterChef next week? Yes 10 did, it’s viewers won’t.

It was on SNOW and available on SBS in different languages. Sky provided the feed to the FTA networks and they didn’t show it.

Not some sort of Sky/Murdoch conspiracy like many lefties will have you believe.

hmm something to look forward to on Ten tonight :face_with_peeking_eye:

Have a bucket handy. :face_vomiting:

7 and 10 weren’t rating against MAFS because of it’s pulling power, which is my point. MAFS has a pulling power like nothing else. Survivor was a well rating show last year but was damaged significantly this year by MAFS. All 3 commercial networks would be disappointed with the ratings for their 7.30pm offerings last night which are all down on last year.

I would assume though that Sky provided a clean feed to the FTA networks for news report purposes rather than to allow them to show it live. If it was the latter, the ABC News Channel probably would have done it (as they did once during a previous campaign).

1 Like

According to Sky News, the clean feed was offered to all FTA stations.

If Ten needed more ways to shed their audience further…