Watermarks

It may be a solid mappy, but hell, that looks good.

4 Likes

Is that a mock?

A small but worthwhile change to improve the user experience.

Nope, it’s real.

Wow. Alright, well, I guess credit where credit is due. Still the shittiest logo in Australia but at least it’s half its original size now.

16 Likes

It looks better but in the unlikely event I have a need to watch Ten programming while in WIN territory, I’ll still be streaming via Tenplay. Solid watermarks make my blood boil.

14 Likes

I orginally thought it might have been a mock as well. It’s not the best but it looks too good for WIN!

“iT lOoKs So GoOd” :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Given most channels have a solid or near solid promotion for something on later that night, I can’t get hugely angry at that from WIN - especially now it’s a far more tasteful size.

Obviously I don’t have to watch WIN so it’s easy to be not bothered - but I don’t think it’s a level above in terms of offence over most of what channels who have transparent watermarks do.

Peach/Boss are more annoying to me - I don’t understand covering up the transparent text with solid text - have a solid grey fill over the 10 circle logo and leave the rest alone.

8 Likes

I’d take a transparent white watermark with or without a promo mark any day over solid blue 24/7.

Meanwhile, 9Go! has a solid Halloween watermark.

7 Likes

Updated watermark info and looks at the new live watermarks:

10 Likes

imagine what the watermarks will look like if they are coloured during sporting events.

Looking at this, makes you wonder if they’re going to drop the SD Ten simulcast for Full HD only later down the line.

Also very similiar to how particular CBS is with their branding for affiliates.

https://cbspromonet.com/external/CBSEyeDentity_Site/toc.html?fbclid=IwAR2NCaugg9RtG39xSteLsfF15x464e_QW2yYIm9YOlIWTdJFuQxI-17yuX4

The channel formerly known as Eleven in WIN territory currently has three watermarks at the commencement of The Late Late Show.
Has 10 Peach top right, CBS bottom right and WIN Peach over the top of the CBS logo (but you can still vaguely see the CBS logo underneath). Might be 2 too many for mine.

Live

6 Likes

Boss in sport mode

8 Likes

Gogglebox - always a great way to compare watermarks - here’s how 10’s new one compares to 7, 9 and the old TEN.

13 Likes

I reckon the Ten Mark will be moved when GoggleBox returns next year.

I’m actually surprised that the producers of Gogglebox (who I doubt were completely unaware of the rebrand taking place in advance) didn’t ask Ten for copies of the programs reviewed on this week’s season final with the new watermark, so viewers watching Gogglebox on Lifestyle last night were also exposed to the new brand! :slight_smile:

1 Like