Watermarks

6 Likes

And again this week. Matthew Lloyd suggested they lower it a fraction.

Localised watermarks have returned in Queensland tonight though not to the main regional channel (only Gold Coast).

8 Likes

Seven’s network watermarks now back to normal, following completion of the Comm Games:

7Two is currently airing Meet The Press, which has a slightly different watermark, so can’t confirm yet

But encore of last night’s Closing Ceremony currently airing on main channel, still using the Gold Coast 2018 version:

5 Likes

HD add-on back in the normal position for sport watermarks, now that the Comm Games are over.

This version as seen on replay of Talking Footy at 12:30am (LCN 70 Melbourne):

5 Likes

3 Watermark logo 27/06/2002

5 Likes

Today’s AFL replay

Prime:

SCA:

10 Likes

Every Game Live Every Round when streaming the match on afl app

7 Likes

10 Likes

8 Likes

Switchover just happened (12am) in Melbourne at least.

“7mateHD” now on LCN 70 just for today (for tonight’s Anzac Eve AFL game)

4 Likes

HD switched back to normal position, following final ad break of AFL telecast (like normal, always looks weird though)

4 Likes

Anzac Day 2018 Watermark

2 Likes

Ten’s current promotional Watermark for Bachelor in Paradise, That graphic looks SD to me.

3 Likes

Watched ABC live telecast from France and the same signal on 7. Seven had a big huge red boxed live watermark on the top lhs while the ABC had what is the best watermark of all networks almost invisible on the top rhs well done ABC as usual

1 Like

I wish it looked invisible :frowning:

2 Likes

“HD” add-on on 7HD in Melbourne is now fading in a couple of seconds later (I think since switch-back after Anzac Eve, possibly an inadvertent delay). Not sure about other markets.

But, as evidenced by tonight’s AFL, during ad breaks (after goals, etc) it’s not fading out a couple of seconds later.

3 Likes

I think the HD watermark should have stayed on the screen. It takes a lot of effort to do the fade in and out every day.

Meanwhile, during The Voice tonight Nine briefly showed the watermark “the home of the royal wedding” for a few minutes.

1 Like

Pretty sure it’d be automated (the broadcast scripts at BCM would be assigned to recognise when an ad break starts/ends), there’s no way somebody is taking any effort to keep fading it in/out manually.

The only time the HD add-on is manually handled AFAIK, is during a feed switch (e.g.) Anzac Eve. And at the end of a live telecast (as for some reason if the “HD” isn’t switched from top-right back to bottom-right during final ad break before end of telecast, the “HD” is missing during the next program until after the first ad).

(e.g.) When the AFL finished last night, the HD add-on hadn’t been switched to bottom-right (it was still attached to the sport watermark in top-right). So as soon as “Executive Decision” started, the “HD” faded out and never returned until after the first ad break of that movie. So the first 20min of the movie were missing the “HD”.

So I know I’ve mentioned it before, but it’s not an ‘error’ (when the “HD” is oddly by itself soemtimes on Ch 70), it’s seemingly done intentionally. No idea why it has to, but what I’ve described seems correct.

4 Likes

6 Likes