Watermarks

How long has Seven been doing these localised Morning News breaks for? I always wonder why Nine never bothered to do an 10:55/11:25 preview of the local morning news in QLD always airing a promo in place of it.

The national news isnā€™t being shown - being preempted by baton relay coverage hence the local updates.

3 Likes

Talkinā€™ 'bout your Generation promotional watermark:

5 Likes

Back to circular logo (ex heart)

7 Likes

WWOS big top left side from golf:

5 Likes

New sport watermark launched.

ā€œAFLā€ logo attached underneath ā€œmateā€

Canā€™t screenshot due to 7Plus streaming (Border re-run) restrictions during AFL.

2 Likes

6 Likes

I know TV Cynic has beaten me with a HD cap from the Sunshine Coast, but I figured that I may as well still post it for what itā€™s worth!

I can, due to having a USB TV tuner which allows me to watch/record the local terrestrial channels on my laptop! :slight_smile:
2018)

Not sure whether itā€™s really necessary to have an AFL logo on the broadcast, but thatā€™s just meā€¦

3 Likes

Surely this is just temporary though? Due to any of the following:

A) To make it more streamlined with Ch 7 & 7Two, who have an attachment underneath too ā€œGold Coast 2018ā€?

B) To make sure viewers, maybe NRL markets, are aware 7mate isnā€™t part of the Comm Games coverage?

C) A legal matter? Maybe Comm Games Corp requested any other sport that airs on the same broadcaster, needs to show a relevant logo?

D) Maybe the AFL requested it be used during the Comm Games?

IMO looks terrible :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

Meanwhile Fox Sports have updated the number font and HD part of their watermark

9 Likes

The first 7flix sport bug:

11 Likes

New 7flix sport watermark!

Edit: No, credit to @abesty, did get in seconds before me :wink:

I saw the super saying ā€œWA switch to 7flixā€ and Iā€™m like WHA!?!?!?

Jumped onto ā€œ6000 postcodeā€ on the live streams and wa la, Seven finally got (or gave) MediaHub a sport watermark for Ch 76 :ok_hand:

NB/ 7flix was used during Winter Olympics for WA, but MediaHub just used a generic Ch 7 (red) one.

6 Likes

Nice. Just as we predicted!

3 Likes

Meanwhile on 7mate via Prime7, no watermark at all for the footy! :heart_eyes:
Weā€™ll see how long this lastsā€¦

2 Likes

Good opportunity to capture Sevenā€™s 2018 AFL graphics without obstruction. Recording now.

9 Likes

7Flix bug by itself:

9 Likes

Prime now using the 7mate Comm Games bug:

6 Likes

I wonder why Prime arenā€™t using their generic ā€œ7mateā€ sport watermark? As itā€™s the AFL.

You showed the other day Prime were still using their generic sport watermarks, with the ā€œPrime7ā€ one during the Queens Baton relay.

Maybe Seven requested that was changed?

ā€“

Also, just realised the AFL logo is attached to the 7mate sport watermark (in metro at least), because all other sport telecasts (including AFL) in the lead-up to the Comm Games had been using the ā€œGold Coast 2018ā€ ones.

So if they used that tonight, now the games are on, itā€™d just look weird. As the channel obviously isnā€™t airing Comm Games. This could also be a legal request with the Comm Games Corp.

1 Like

:neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face:

SichboPVR_2018-04-06_20-41-12

3 Likes

Now they are using the 7mate AFL bug like Seven metro:

9 Likes