Watermarks

For Media Spy’s #WINCoverupFail files, here’s an absolutely shocking one from (I think) the Early 2000s which looks like it didn’t even properly cover up the Nine WWOS logo:

13 Likes

Us viewers in metro areas don’t care, you’re right. We also don’t have overlaps with other signals so don’t need ‘Melbourne’ or ‘Perth’ on the watermarks, unless you’re in the Outer Suburbs perhaps. Outlying regional areas are different though and quite a few places have overlap hence why 7Qld distinguishes with the different watermarks. You’ll also perhaps find it’s to make it easier at 7BCM for Pres to distuinguish the feeds quickly/easily.

In regards to the 7Flix watermark just being ‘Queensland’ this would be more for the Sunny Coast to distinguish between 7Flix Brisbane and the rest of the state just gets it as well I’d say.

4 Likes

The 7flix feed is not market specific, so they can’t use:
“Townsville > 7flix”
“Mackay > 7flix”
Etc.

I guess they figure they’d just put Queensland there instead… no idea why they think it’s necessary… apart from to distinguish it from the Brisbane feed as mentioned.

1 Like

Cap of the In-Program Promotional “Watermark” for Gogglebox which is currently running on Ten…and will probably be seen via footage of tonight’s Bachelorette used on next week’s episode of Gogglebox! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Could BCM’s watermarks for regional Queensland not just simply be an ‘identity’ thing?

7 QLD are well entrenched in that market, dominating the ratings :+1:

Thinking about it, what was the branding like before Seven acquired their stations in regional Qld?
Perhaps at the time they wanted to suggest that despite becoming Seven proper, it was still local?

If so, I would’ve imagined stamping the location on-screen as a temporary thing, and not thought it’d still being there how many years later.

Sunshine Television I believe it was called.

2 Likes

Should have kept it Seven Sunshine Television.

That “Mendelez” watermark add on is atrocious :persevere:

Just saw it during “Goldeneye” (1995).

Note: Also getting a poor signal from GTV tonight, stuttery, thought is was their fault, given other stations are fine?

1 Like

8 Likes

“OH no, I’m not going to make it up that ladder, there’s a HUGE and UGLY watermark in the way… At least I’m not on WIN I suppose”

9 Likes

Plus something went wrong with part of the watermark and it looks a piece is breaking off an might fall on Pierce’s head! Looks like shoddy construction by Block contestants.

4 Likes

“Oh no, something trying to block my path…”? :wink:

2 Likes

As if the SBS Video and watermark isn’t big enough, do we really need to also have FAST TRACKED also part of the watermark during Brooklyn Nine-Nine?

Obviously shown during a report on tonight’s Nine News, the old SBS Sport “outlined/shadowed logo” watermark from (probably) the Early 2000s:

Possibly also a rare example of an SBS-TV sports broadcast in widescreen during that era? Because while the multicultural broadcaster has since become a FTA HD broadcasting leader in this country, I thought there were still a few 4.3 sporting telecasts on SBS even into the mid/late-2000s “white logo watermark” era.

10 Likes

Prime7 Watermark. Noticed that’s they have the Helvetica ‘Live & Free’ font printed up the top.

9 Likes
28 Likes

22014692_679056385626650_500221338_n

16 Likes

Arnie happy that FFF is coming soon

8 Likes

9 Likes