US Television

Aussie actress Dichen Lachman is joining Supergirl’s second season, playing supervillain Roulete, who runs an underground alien fight club in National City and is eager to get Supergirl in the ring.

Family of JonBenet Ramsey threatens to sue CBS on documentary

The lawyer for the family of slain child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey denounced a CBS documentary theorizing she was killed by her brother, Burke, as a “false and unprofessional television attack” and threatened to sue the network for libel.
L. Lin Wood, an Atlanta attorney who said he had successfully other media outlets over similar accusations against Burke Ramsey, branded the program as a broadcast riddled with “lies, misrepresentations, distortions and omissions.”
“I will be filing a lawsuit on behalf of Burke Ramsey,” Wood told Reuters in a telephone interview. “CBS’ false and unprofessional attacks on this young man are disgusting and revolting.”
The network responded to Wood with a terse statement: “CBS stands by the broadcast and will do so in court.”

No surprise there. The show convinced me. lol

Meanwhile while I’m here, the new season of Jerry Springer premiered yesterday and still the same set. The set hasn’t changed in 15 years

CBS has ordered a full series of Superior Donuts, a comedy based on the 2008 play of the same name by Tracy Letts. It stars Jermaine Fowler as a new employee of a donut shop in Chicago and Judd Hirsch as the shop’s set-in-his-ways owner. Katey Sagal, David Koechner, Maz Jobrani, Anna Baryshnikov, Darien Sills-Evans and Rell Battle also star. It will air early next year.

I haven’t watched it all yet but I can see why they are suing. It is from the side of prosecutors and police who want a conviction. They make out what they want to hear. For example; What did you do. Help me Jesus. They can’t make out what they actually heard and have just made out what they want to hear. The audience is going to believe the worst but the evidence is not there!

Last night I finished watching the JonBenet series. I also watched the Dr Phil interview, which was fantastic. I am quite annoyed at the series. As such a leftist and a ‘innocent until proven guilt’ kind of person I find it really annoying that they already had a view who was the ‘murderer’ before doing the show. So much evidence was left not talked about. For example the baseball bat was not discussed… I agree there are many things that don’t add up. The biggest being the window. But cobwebs can form within 24 hours. I know I remove cobwebs from my car window everyday for them to only return 12 hours later. I feel they wanted viewers to think what they thought. And I now wonder if that police station and district attorney were hiding something else. I can see why Jon Ramsey is suing. I would…

Designated Survivor is worldwide on Netflix, outside the USA apparently.

Excellent! I’ll watch it tonight!

so i watched the 1st episode and i think it shows some real promise. it was a little cliche at times but i hope this was just because it was the 1st episode.

it’s a shame it won’t be on FTA so more could see it.

Australian actress Mallory Jensen, last seen on Galavant, has secured a recurring role in the fourth season of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., playing AIDA, an android created by businessman Holden Radcliffe, an ally of S.H.I.E.L.D. She will appear on the season opener on 7flix next Tuesday night.

FX has renewed The Strain for a fourth and final season to air in 2017.

NBC has ordered a full season for This is Us, with a total of 18 episodes for the first season.

What the hell?

Not sure what you mean? In the US a full season can be anywhere between 13 and 22 episodes. This is Us creator Dan Fogelman said he pushed for 18 episodes:

This order for a complete first season of 18 episodes is exactly what we’d wanted and hoped for. We’d carefully mapped out an 18-chapter story for the first year of the show, and this allows us to follow through with our exact initial intent. And to get the order so early on is a tremendous show of confidence and a boost for our entire cast and crew.

I’m asking why is this fact being reported on this particular show. It hasn’t even aired in Australia yet and there are a lot of other shows in America starting and returning. What’s the big deal about this one?

Its the highest rated new show and one of the shows that got the most hype before it premiered. Its trailer was viewed over 70 million times on Facebook. I would say that’s why.

1 Like

Yep. Last time I heard, Ten is planning to fasttrack the show. If Ten schedules it and promotes it properly, it can be a hit. Potential timeslots include Sunday, Monday (after HYBPA) and Thursday nights.