US Television

[quote]FCC to investigate, ‘take appropriate action’ on Colbert’s Trump rant

Colbert on Monday unleashed a flood of insults at Trump, satirizing an interview with CBS news the president cut short the day before.

“The only thing your mouth is good at is being [Russian President] Vladimir Putin’s c—k holster,” he said of Trump.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/332132-fcc-probing-colberts-trump-putin-joke[/quote]

I watched the monologue. There was nothing wrong with it.

It was tasteless in my view, but I think the reaction by the FCC is a bit over the top. Isn’t the whole point of comedians pushing boundaries with jokes like this? Personally i did not like it. But should just move on I think.

The FCC is notoriously stringent on swearing and sexual innuendo, hence why shows like Hannibal can show gruesome murders and corpse mutilation, but the words shit, fuck and cunt are literally forbidden, even on shows airing past 11pm like Colbert’s.

3 Likes

Eminem sums it up really well on the double standards of the FCC imo.

Sometimes I wanna get on tv and just get loose but can’t
but it’s cool for Tom Green to hump a dead moose.

2 Likes

Haha i would agree with that assessment from Eminem.

The CW has axed Frequency and No Tomorrow after one season.

Once Upon a Time star Jennifer Morrison has announced she is leaving the show after six seasons, adding she will appear in one episode if the drama is renewed for a 7th season.

If ABC are smart (and hopefully learnt their lesson from Castle’axing and firing of Stana Katic) it would be a good idea to end Once Upon A Time at the end of the current season. The season has been set up by the writers as a final season especially with the upcoming final battle season finale. Ratings haven’t been that great for the last couple years. So it would be interesting to see where the show goes if it’s picked up for a seventh season. But I think with losing it’s main star, this may be the coffin that finally hits the brick house for the show.

I do love the show, but six seasons is a good run! Then again… maybe one more season…wouldn’t hurt. Shortened.

I didn’t think anyone still watched it. I actually didn’t know it was still going.

One of my favourite shows. Well it’s been treated shit here by Channel 7. It currently’s airing season six 4pm on Sundays on 7flix.

5:30pm actually :wink::joy:

Yeah sorry :stuck_out_tongue: 4.30 is usually the repeat of last week, the new one’s at 5.30. My bad :stuck_out_tongue:

A decade after our own networks stopped using idents between shows, American networks are bringing them back :smiley:

5 Likes

I watch ABC a lot and yeah they seem to be doing that quite a bit now :stuck_out_tongue:

American Idol returning next season in ABC

Fox has axed Rosewood after two seasons, but has picked up a new Marvel series titled Gifted based on the X-Men franchise.
ABC has also given the green light to a Marvel series called Inhumans, linked to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
NBC has renewed Taken (based on the movie trilogy) for a second season.

Blindspot (shown here on Seven on late nights) has been renewed for a third season by NBC.
NBC has also ordered a live production of the Broadway musical Jesus Christ Superstar that will premiere on Easter Sunday, April 1, 2018. Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice, who wrote the music and lyrics, respectively, for the 1971 rock opera, will executive produce with Marc Platt (Grease Live, La La Land), Craig Zadan and Neil Meron.
The CW has ordered a full series on the reboot of Dynasty. It is created by Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage (Gossip Girl). The revival of Dallas ran for three seasons on TNT, let’s see how long Dynasty will last this time.

Last Man Standing is cancelled by ABC

2 Likes

Breaking: ABC Picks up Modern Family for… wait for it… Seasons 9 & 10. Channel Ten will be Pleased with the News seeming it’s their Only Really Good Imported Sitcom left on their Primetime Schedule.