US Television

NBC has confirmed it has ordered 10 episodes of Will and Grace for the 2017-18 seasons. Series creators Max Mutchnick and David Kohan will return along with stars Debra Messing, Eric McCormack, Megan Mullally and Sean Hayes. James Burrows is once again on board to direct all 10 episodes.
Also good news for This is Us ahead of its Australian debut on Channel Ten next month: NBC has renewed the show for two more seasons, taking it to 2018-19.

TNT has renewed Major Crimes for a sixth season. It will only have 13 episodes, down on previous seasons which had 19-22 episodes.

If you’re interested in the results of a popularity-only based awards show here are the People’s Choice Awards 2017 Winners for television.

The TV part is what the Logies could look like if they got rid of those “industry-voted” awards :slight_smile:

Those categories are shonky. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Favorite Cable Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Show :laughing:

1 Like

Sci-Fi is huge on US TV.

The Trump Administration is potentially planning to withdraw funding to America’s two public broadcasters: PBS on television and NPR on radio. PBS’ owner, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) receives around US$440 mil per annum from the Federal Government (less than 1/2 that of the ABC) and could be privatised.

Sesame Street will not be affected due to its move to HBO.

If the PBS and NPR are privatised they should not be called “public broadcasters” anymore. Donald Trump is trying to stifle opposing views and discussion on his presidency.

TNT has renewed The Librarians for a fourth season, two days after the third season ended.

1 Like

The Middle has been renewed for a ninth season.

Riverdale is now available on Netflix.

Actor and former White House staffer Kal Penn has raised over $200k for charity after racist comments were left on his Instagram page, telling him he “doesn’t belong in America”.

He was born in the US and played Kumar in Harold & Kumar and Kutner in House M.D. (personally one of my favourite TV characters of all time). He is currently appearing in ABC political drama Designated Survivor.

Fox has renewed So You Think You Can Dance for a 14th season.
Amazon has renewed Mozart in the Jungle for a fourth season and Red Oaks for a third and final season. Mozart is available here on Stan.

This is what the US TV Guide grid looks like for today (page 1 of 2)

2 Likes

I love my iPad TV Guide subscription

Grids make it so much easier to read

1 Like

A schedule with a grid and consistent start and finish times. Those were the days. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Having starts on the hour and half hour helps. I prefer the horizontal grid that also matches EPGs and on-line guides.

2 Likes

I just wanted to ask anyone who’s in the US (I watch US tv a lot online,ABC,NBC and FOX NEWS and CNN) about the 10/9 central time thing they have on the promo boards.

Is at 10am for central time? Then again 9am for Paficic time? So if it’s a live show (on occasion The View) so it airs at 11am New York time, but then airs live in a state that’s an hour behind live - instead of delay?

I am sure I asked this before, but I can’t remember if it was the old forums?

It means 10am in New York and 9am Central areas. Then it will screen 10am in Pacific.

So it airs live in New York and Central areas but is then delayed for Mountain, Pacific, Alaska, Hawaii timezones.

Thanks Jbar! :stuck_out_tongue: It just nagged me so I thought I’d ask :stuck_out_tongue: Makes sense.

I assume this applies for Dancing with The Stars too it’s filmed in California. Ears live Central and New York but delayed for other areas?

:thinking:

Oh, Airs. I get it

Yes. I’ve seen stories on Entertainment Tonight where they’ve mentioned something happened in the “east coast” screening which was edited when it screened on teh west coast.

yes. Only some things like sports and awards shows air live into all markets.