US Politics

the US is not accustomed to leadership squabbles the way Aus and UK are. The parties here had to learn a lot of lessons the hard way before landing on a cleaner method to knife a leader. First and foremost is that everyone loses when these are played out in public. secondly, some leaders do not go quietly, left to their own devices, leaders are happy to be dragged kicking and screaming over a protracted period dragging the whole party with them. If there is going to be any talk of change there need to be one clean knockout blow, all top democrats need to unite to tap Biden on the shoulder and do it soon. Biden needs to decide whether he wants to exit stage in a bitter, messy way like Kevin Rudd or Boris Johnson.

1 Like

That’s true. But I’m just not sure the US system allows for a Rudd or Boris style assassination. It’s not a Westminster system.

1 Like

I also heard Nancy Pelosi on the radio this morning. While she wasn’t directly calling on him to stand down, she kind of was. Saying “everyone respects him and they want him to be the one to make the decision”… But reading between the lines it sounded like “step down and save some face”.

I know many are saying Kamala isn’t a viable candidate, but I’m not so sure. I’ve seen footage of her debating people, and I do think she would wipe the floor with Trump in a debating context. She might surprise everyone. Also she could galvanise the women and minority votes.

1 Like

Surely if the talk of parkinsons gains traction, there is no way his candidacy proceeds. That’s very serious, and the white house press has seemed on the back foot so far. Whether there is any truth to it or not is not completely relevant, it is believable enough to have a huge impact on voters.

1 Like

But Harris is also problematic in the small states. Which the EC is biased to.

Biden literally just called Zelensky Putin at the NATO summit. If he has any remnants of dignity and love for democracy he needs to step down now and get behind Newsom and co to beat Trump.

Kamala Harris will just end up being Clinton 2016 again. Democrats need to pull their fingers out of their arses to stop Trump at all cost.

3 Likes

It exploded across the networks this morning.

I’m not sure whether she will or won’t, if they do. But Clinton was one of the most despised political figures in the US and ran a terrible campaign.

1 Like

Joe Biden just referred to Zelenskyy as “President Putin”.

I’m sorry, but I think it’s for the best that he drops out. He is only going to get worse in the next 4.5 years, I highly doubt if he wins he will serve the full term. He should probably leave and endorse the new candidate and spend his remaining time relaxing.

Even a former Biden Staffer is calling for him to drop out and let someone else take the reins. As I said, he is going to just get worse from here, so better to let someone younger take over.

This is very embarrassing, particularly at the NATO summit where leaders from a dozen European countries are also attending.

I wonder Zelenskyy had a private talk with Biden after this comment.

That’s a big issue with this also. He isn’t going to run the full term. So a Biden vote is really a vote for an
unknown person also. The people don’t get the chance to vote in any ‘handover’ president mid term, whoever the party selects is who they get. You vote for Trump, well you know you have him for the duration.

Biden is taking the down the Dems with him. When will this stop?

This is one big joke now… the guy clearly needs to step down and let someone else take over.

3 Likes

oh boy, first question of the presser, refers to kamala harris as vice president Trump.

4 Likes

Biden said that??

Yes

VP Trump
President Putin.

It’s going to be a long 4 months folks.

1 Like

Oh boy.

This is fucking painful.

4 Likes

he has to be pushed aside. there’s no other option, especially after the vice president trump gaffe. he only won originally because he’s not trump