US Politics

Yes I’m surprised there’s not a lot mentioned about Ron DeSantis. He’s a ‘rising star’ (depends on how you define as ‘star’) in the GOP which is going to make Trump spew but I’m not sure if the prospect of him running for president is any good.

He basically went against everything that was recommended based on health advice back when COVID started, and intervened numerous times on social policies and seems to be a gun lover and free speech ‘advocate’ to put it that way. Not to mention the way he’s another white man with a loudmouth and no filter. He’s basically Trump but younger, with less dirty laundry and the same policies. Those in the South might love him, but everyone else couldn’t give two hoots.

The prospective GOP choices for the 2024 election is either an orange bozo or a five star turd and you’d hope that neither of them will get through but that’s wishful thinking of course.

2 Likes

Katie Hobbs defeats Trump-backed Kari Lake in the Arizona Governor Race, NBC News projects

2 Likes

She was a complete nutter. Vaseline filter on all her news hits. She was so unhinged. Ironically a former democrat voter and Obama supporter.

2 Likes
1 Like

Donald Trump. The grift that keeps on giving.

3 Likes

Can someone please go and tell him to get f-ed? Along with his moronic and possibly brain-damaged supporters.

3 Likes

This analysis article is a good read.

Trump’s agendas for the 2024 presidential election are elitist, discriminatory (especially to people in lower socio-economic category) and damaging to the environment to say the least. How can so many Americans support him?

4 Likes

Because many of them only care for their own stomachs and their lives than the greater good. What they don’t know is that Trump is riling them up but they’re actually working against their own interests.

Trump says he’ll abolish term limits and combat ‘left wing corruption’. Yeah totally not acts of a dictator like Xi/Kim/Putin. He’s a senile fool. Why hasn’t anyone forced him into a mental asylum is beyond imagination.

3 Likes

If Trump wins then we can blame the Democrats. The onus is on them to put up a candidate that can defeat Trump. I’m not sure that’s Biden. And if they put Kamala Harris up then you can guarantee Trump will win.

I watched some of his speech, seems like he’s starting to miss a beat. He looked exhausted. That’s going to starve them of one of the best attacks against Biden if he runs.

If Biden or Bernie are not the democrat nominee, then trump will be the oldest ever candidate.

Interesting that he leaned into some of his weakest points among his base like the covid lockdowns, the tax cuts for the rich and not ending the Afghanistan war.

He’s lost in 2018, 2020 and 2022 and yet here he is.

He is probably trying to stave off the litany of indictments. The most solid would be the federal investigation into the stolen documents and the Fulton County grand jury into his election manipulation attempts in Georgia. Let’s see what happens but on limited knowledge they look the most solid.

He is still claiming to be ever the victim. But the dangers he poses will motivate the democrats and independents to vote against him. He still has to face the Republican primaries and that’s no given. Let’s hope his running tears the republicans apart. I’m hoping he runs as an independent if he doesn’t win the primary to split the conservative vote.

3 Likes

The age thing is moot. The moronic Republican voters of Iowa just voted in 90 year old Chuck Grassley in the senate.

It’ll be interesting to watch the impending shit-fight between Trump and DeSantis.

Pretty certain DeSantis will win the primary after these mid-term results. The balance of power in the GOP has definitely swung.

‘Just saying’: Trump’s new China theory:

Trump suggests China played very active role in Bidens election victory

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/donald-trump-suggests-china-played-very-active-role-in-bidens-election-victory/news-story/fa09b52e0851e64c9c8f6e1dc41b106f

lols

Trump should enter a comedy competition because this is some hilarious stuff. Now that he can’t blame the Russians he shifts the blame to the other Communist powerhouse.

Has he even seen Biden’s approach towards China? Dare I say it he’s been even more aggressive and assertive than ever before.

The Democrats needs to be shouting from the hills about Russia’s collusion in the 2016 election. If Trump wants to play dirty then the Democrats should fight dirty till the very end.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if playing dirty is the aim, but yes the Democrats need to at least learn to fight fire with fire. They have no choice given the amount of seriously dumb and deluded voters in the US.

I doubt Biden will run again. I think he is already setting the scene not to run by saying it will ultimately be a family decision.

It can’t be Kamala unless she really starts to improve her standing in the next 2 years. They need someone new, younger, and sadly probably a male to defeat DeSantis or even Trump.

The old adage used to be that Democratic candidates also needed to be from the South too eg. Clinton, Carter. Obama was an exception.

NY Post: Florida Man Makes Announcement Page 26 :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes