US Politics

This thread is now for results discussion only.

I think it’s going to be tight and that Trump is going to win. Such a shame that the Democrat heavyweights didn’t give Bernie a go.

They did, he lost the popular vote and the states total. He just wasn’t popular enough with the Democrat base.

I’m in Europe at the moment, which is inconvenient timezone-wise. The results will be called at 3am, so I’ll be staying up for then! I think Clinton will clinch it, but I’m scared of a Brexit-style result. I sincerely hope there isn’t violence from the losing side.

How stupidly overdone is some of this Australian coverage. Just play an American network simulcast on one of your digital channels.

Just to let you know, this thread is now for results discussion (which states are going blue/red, the impact of the win etc).

Media discussion is in this thread: US Presidential Election - Election Day 2016

So far all suggestions are that Hilary seems to be edging Trump out in all polls and the states that matter. If Trump can’t win Florida there is no hope for him. There has also been an increased Hispanic vote reported across America which is only going to favour Hilary. The media want it to sound like a close election and sure it is but basically for Trump to win everything needs to go perfectly for him and for HIlary to lose there needs to be a bit of a last minute swing away from her.

2 Likes

First polls are closed:

NBC calling Indiana, Kentucky for Trump. Vermont for Hillary. A fair number of too close to calls, including Georgia.

Trump 19 - Hillary 3: CNN.

Not a good start for HIllary.

Umm, in 2012 Obama was behind until the West Coast came in. Don’t get your hopes up just yet.

Georgia could go blue this election, which will put a big hole in the solid Republican south. Expect this to be a heavily watched state in the hours to come.

2 Likes

No key states yet. Relax.

I’m no trump supporter but I have a coffee riding on this. Several lol. I would rather see Clinton win.

Yeah you are right it’s early.

1 Like

Antony Green ABC Australia - had those states already allocated before the polls closed - says that the US networks won’t post west coast projections so as not to influence vote (be he will).

His current projection is DEM 182 REP 94

1 Like

Antony Green is likely to be the first in the world to call the election. As he has commented numerous times already he can call it earlier than the US as most networks hold back now due to the 2000 debacle.

1 Like

These are mostly republican states that are leaning Trumps way so far. No surprises yet.

1 Like

NBC News calls Illinois for Clinton, with this image on Twitter. Spot the problem.

2 Likes

She was called based on projections as soon as the polls closed because polls show she’ll win comfortably

1 Like

Thought there’d be a logical answer. Seemed amusing to me is all.

Well Trump might actually win. Fuak.

Its looking like he will get Florida. Once he has that… I think he’s a shoe in. We can’t really know for sure though. It’s really close at this point.

These polls and analysts that have said that she will win this election are they still around? Because it’s looking pretty diar at the moment :frowning: