US Politics

Or Bob Katter’s Conservative Party or whatever it’s called.

1 Like

It’s pathetic attention seeking or ‘virtue signalling’ to their conspiracy-nutter base, like the clearly unconstitutional social media law in Florida which was just waiting to be declared invalid.

US governments of both stripes have long made requirements for their employees as well as for companies & other organisations that get federal funding.

This isn’t really making vaccines mandatory for everyone, just required for employment by the federal government, and since when is a particular job a right?

2 Likes

American politics is just full of crap from the stupid electoral college voting system that got the worst president in living memory voted in 5 years ago, to horrific number of amendments that gives some potentially deranged people the right to hold guns and do whatever they like and also gives the states the right to whinge and sue as they please when something doesn’t go their way. I wouldn’t even work in that field even if you paid me to deal with all of their crap.

Forget about America liberating us, dare I say they should just let us invade and liberate them instead :stuck_out_tongue: Oh wait Scomo’s government is just Australia’s equivalent.

2 Likes

Yesterday (AEDT) saw elections held in Virginia and New Jersey. Glenn Youngkin won the VA Governor race by a close margin. The NJ Governor election was closer-than-usual in which incumbent Phil Murphy scraped in

Happy to see VA Glenn Yougkin win, that was a close one. (I watched the ABC News coverage, not Foxy News). I think we will be seeing the United States split pretty soon the Southern United States and Northern United States (literally split the continent in two and have the democratic on one side and the Republican voters on the one side, with Trump’s border wall). I just think America is so fucked up, I don’t think they will recover from Trump’s damage.

2 Likes

Dont be so sure, with the way they African Americans are feeling at the moment and the race issues which are now full frontal… there could be a civil unrest at some point. As a black person can I understand and empahise with a lot of what they are doing/saying.

It is going to take a long time to recover from Trump. Something that will be prolonged if he chooses to run again.

America was already divided before he ran for office but he made it so much worse. His presidency was so toxic.

So we agree that Trump was terrible yet you are happy to see a Republican win? The very party that stood behind Trump despite everything he did?

I admit the Democrats aren’t doing the best job but I can’t understand how anyone could possibly want any Republican to win. The Democrats need to get their shit together before the mid terms next year but even if they don’t how could anyone want any Republican back in charge after their refusal to stand up to Trump? Bunch of cowards were only worried about their own asses so they kept quiet.

2 Likes

No voter fraud in Virginia but plenty happening in New Jersey where they lost.

They’re fucken mental.

And this youngkin is racist. He is affiliated with vile people and is race baiting through the culture wars. The dems turnout was horrific. They need to do more and fight dirty because the rural grubs are coming out in force to preserve the white supremacy ideals. The republicans are worshiping at the alter of trump in droves. It’s sickening.

2 Likes

Citatition needed or are you just jumping on the bandwagon in which Democrats do with this?

Because not everyone in the Republican is evil as everyone seems to make it out to be.

Yes there were quite a bunch that I know of, but the ones that I personally have been interested in stand on their own accord and don’t eat Trump rhetoric.

I feel warm and fuzzy just having a normal discussion without getting over emotional :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh come on… Only about 3 of them in the whole Republican party have denounced Trump in any way, including his claims that the election was “stolen” and fraudulent. How can you defend any of them? Bar a few they are ALL guilty by being complicit in these lies.

2 Likes

The shit he said about banning books about slavery and the critical race theory nonsense. It’s a dog whistle to white suprematist and the filth that vote for these people. The uneducated white population that live in rural parts. The demos that vote for him are the lowest of the low in society.

1 Like

There we go. Some of these Republicans (including Trump himself) just yearn to go back to the old days of the Jim Crow Law and segregation and they’re not even being subtle about. Bunch of clowns.

2 Likes

I realise not all Republicans agreed with Trump or how he did things but what I don’t understand is how they were not prepared to speak up and denounce him. They knew that doing that would mean no chance of re-election but instead of doing the right thing they hid and pretended none of it happened. They were cowards.

How anyone can support that is beyond me.

2 Likes

Opinion is not citation , he’s entitled to ther and I agree I don’t share that view but let’s persecute him anyway and brand him a racist for having. A view that is not manipulated.Clearly hasn’t worked for the democrats.

You don’t know what they were thinking or why so labelling cowards is your prerogative. I see the Democrats have not done anything about the border crisis nor the children who are separated from parents. I mean there was outrage when Trump did that horrible violation of childrens rights and human rights , but Kamala Harris does fuck all and media does not bat an eye lid.

It doesn’t matter what they were thinking. What matters is that they didn’t say anything.

Trump went crazy and they let him do it. Even when Trump had his supporters attack them at the Capitol they still didn’t say anything.

The Republicans let all of that happen. It is inexcusable.

3 Likes

What has Trump done in his time? All the crowing about building his precious wall and calling Mexicans drug addicts and rapists doesn’t sound like he’s usefully contributed to the problem.

2 Likes

Not all republicans did . Trump and his family ruined the party not those who are within it. Lindsay Graham was a spineless burger fucker , as was Liz Cheney (she only spoke up for woman’s issues against trump) but yes some didn’t stand up but some actually were more concerned with their local state and local county issues which had nothing to do with Trump.