US Politics

Oh, so there is a limit to which Twitter will accept him as a user?

4 Likes

Good. He has lost his main avenue to speak to his supporters now.

3 Likes

Trump’s final tweets.

His account is still showing up on my Twitter at the moment, but I get a message that indicates the account doesn’t exist. That’s how I first knew his account had been terminated.

1 Like

Parler, the extreme right social media chat app and website, has been removed from the Google Play Store. Trump will no doubt still be posting on Parler.

1 Like

Trump’s banned on Facebook and Instagram too. The POTUS and VP accounts becomes Biden’s after the Inauguration.

1 Like

It’s amazing that the outlets who’ve given him and his supporters oxygen for so long are only now getting all righteous about what they’ve been happy to publish for so long.

3 Likes

While it’s good that Donald Trump’s Twitter account has been permanently suspended, this really should’ve happened some time ago.

5 Likes

Looks like Apple could follow suit.

1 Like

Yeah it just seems like a publicity stunt now.

4 Likes

It’s the same with the people resigning. While better late then never it’s too late. You can’t support this guy for 4 years and then leave 2 weeks before the end while trying to claim the moral high ground.

2 Likes

Damage control.

Twitter removed Trump’s Tweet from the @POTUS handle

1 Like

I suspect it was that they were afraid of the consequences of deplatforming him - it shouldnt have taken until the last fortnight of his presidency

1 Like

The Team Trump account has now been suspended after it posted the same tweets.

1 Like

All those fox types arguing this is a silencing of free speech are wrong… Twitter is a private company and can do whatever it likes in terms of blocking people.

And repealing section 230 will only make it worse for the right wing nutters as it would force these social media companies to “edit” posts out of fear of being sued so again another flawed argument.

7 Likes

NBC news, which rarely weighs into charged social issues, ran a report on the policing double standards.

Dark threats emerge as Twitter bans Trump:

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/electoral-college-vote-count-live-chaos-looms-on-the-streets-of-washington/live-coverage/fe71f5533d00a43250393574cd7ae2ab#73810

2 Likes

Recent polling… 47% of republicans say legitimate protest and 69% say Trump not to blame.

Donald Trump has created a Parler account.

Edit: There is talk on Twitter that Amazon Web Services could be thinking of removing Parler from its servers, which would shut down the social networking site.

2 Likes