US Politics

Doesn’t seem too concerned about wasting time and resources on a wall which can be defeated by a ladder.

I thought she lived in NYC so her son could finish school.

Good point …

Funny, the silliest thing I’ve heard in my life is Trump withdrawing from the Paris Accord. Guess he has more in common with Syria than he thinks.

3 Likes

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Who cares? Why is it so important that America signs this deal? I am sitll not convinced that even climate change is even real or even related to so called business polluters.

Trump is speaking to the people who didn’t like this deal, and didn’t want America in this deal, and good for him. He’s finally took action on this.

Good for him.

Also Syria is completely different to USA and you know this. Trump is not a dictator or a killer like the current twat in power in Syria, who used chemical weapons on his own people. Funny thing about the left. They still not over Hillary Clinton and it shows. If they can’t have an intelligent debate, they insult the Trump Administration and compare him to a dictator.

Now we just need Australia to get out of this deal… waste of time.

1 Like

Clinton was a terrible candidate and deservedly lost. The Democratic Party still has their head buried in the sand over that one. And will probably put up a terrible candidate in 2020.
That doesn’t change this Paris Accord withdrawal is madness. It’s no longer good enough to pretend the science isn’t there or that climate change is natural. And I’ve never voted, nor will, for the Greens.

1 Like

headdesk.gif

4 Likes

99% of climate scientists say climate change is happening at the hands of human pollution.

Oil companies, Donald Trump and Rupert Murdoch say it isn’t happening.

Which do you trust more?

2 Likes

I’ve researched enough. Myself.

Which sources, if you mind me asking?

Tin foil hat theories being bandied about around here again.

3 Likes

I, for one, am sick of the environment asking for handouts and government assistance. It should be grown up enough after several billion years to look after itself!

Goodbye Paris. Goodbye climate. Hello Venus!

4 Likes

When your 68 year old candidate dabs to try and get votes from the ‘cool kids’, you should just pull out.

What does your research state about the Maldives + several low-lying pacific islands sinking/going under the ocean?

1 Like

Scathing but true. Ffs the bloke is a mental case and a pig.

1 Like

“Beautiful” story, as Trump might say.

Just glad that there was no other deaths. The Capitol Police got there and prevented anything further from happening.

Watched the NBC coverage last night (Perth is in direct 12 hour ahead of New York feed of the US channels which I have access too). If I recall ABC and NBC pretty much covered the tragedy up until i went to sleep (which was around midnight) not sure if they went to resuming normal programming.

I suppose you could argue that he was targeting all sides because both democratic and republicans were at the baseball practice getting ready for the charity baseball match for Today.

I wouldn’t have a clue what was going on that guy’s mind and unless you are related to him you don;t know either. But it’s pretty obvious though that the guy is a loonie and he snapped, abused his daughter from what I have read. Whether it was politically motivated, it was, there’s no doubt. But I think this guy was just targeting any politician and as many as he could. Whether he was a Bernie supporter or not - I don’t care. Non issue. The guy was a loon and was a time bomb. And the end result was this tragedy. If he was a right wing - Trump supporter and he did this - I would be saying the exact same thing.

Oh god please , no not again. I cannot live through another debate with you and Matlock having discsusions about media always bashing the conservatives (and they do, I am not going to argue that point) but it’s a side note - and distracts from the US political situation

I don’t buy that either: “Attacker was feeling hopeless and desperate”? He knowingly chose to go and get the gun and launch the attack. No question to me this sure was planned. I lost my job recently due to staff cut backs, and I hate the current government - but does that mean I am going to go get a pop gun and shoot them?

1 Like

I do not see how this is a problem.

Huh? NYT is my homepage and they had a large infographic with graphs and maps of the vote in the central column of the website for the majority of yesterday.

Y’know what…