US Politics

Argh. You do realize what a monumental undertaking it is to rig a presidential election in the US, as elections here are bound by rules on a national and state level, and organized primarily by local/city governments.

Given that vast swathes of the country, most states, and many districts are in Republican hands. This would require that Republicans would need to be in cahoots with Democrats to rig it in favour of anyone.

1 Like

Oh, not that the counting of ballots was rigged. Just that I dislike people saying ‘oh how silly to say it’s rigged’ when it’s very clear what manipulations have already occurred in the Democrat primary, when we know how media participants have colluded with the Democrat campaign team, and when we know how the media was trying to spin coverage for one party.

1 Like

The Democratic nomination process is run by the Democratic party. The actual elections we had last week are run by state governments.

They are mutually exclusive and thus, one being rigged is not indicative of the other being the same. Plus, if anything, Republican state governments are the one’s who are rigging by putting in place ridiculous and highly targeted Voter ID laws which make it harder for non-Republican demographics to vote. If you’re concerned about fair elections, you should be railing on the Republican party as well. The fact you aren’t proves you’re just out to attack the Democrats or anyone not supporting Trump.

[quote=“Firetorch, post:432, topic:1886”]
that someone at CNN had been feeding Hillary information. Hardly inspires confidence in the system.
[/quote]That hardly inspires confidence in CNN (I hate CNN too), but I don’t see how a national cable news channel has any sort of control over the systems put in place by state governments to receive and count votes. There is literally no connection there.

And, I mean, you won! Trump won. Is that not enough proof for you that the election wasn’t rigged? Either the Zionist Muslim corporate banker elite lizard people are doing a terrible job at establishing a world government and can’t rig an election to save their life, or there is literally no rigging.

edit: I obviously replied to Firetorch before I saw his post clarifying that he was talking about the Dem nomination. I do think the DNC played favourites with Hillary and I think he should’ve held the nomination, but still…

1 Like

Just to note, I had responded to this, but as the post was hidden because of the extremely offensive word “shit”, I won’t be participating further in any discussion.

Shocking ultimatum.

And no, I didn’t report you. Swear words don’t concern me.

I felt it was important to note why the integrity of the discussion in this thread had been compromised, with messages in a back and forth manner removed.

That was not a statement on the care factor people should feel in me posting or not, lol.

A letter to the US

To the citizens of the United States of America, in light of your failure to elect a competent President of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective today.

Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II resumes monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths and other territories. Except Utah, which she does not fancy.

http://cogink.com/cleese/

1 Like

[quote]US PRESIDENT Barack Obama is apparently refusing to renovate the Oval Office.

The New York Post reports he has instead decided to pass the buck to Donald Trump, who may be forced to work somewhere else for a quarter of his term now as a result of the numerous security upgrades that will be going on inside the room.
…
“My understanding is, [Trump] will spend most of his first year using Richard Nixon’s old office in the Old Executive Office Building across executive drive and up the Navy steps,” Mr Rove said.

[/quote]

I think that is fair enough.

What’s fair enough?

Obama not wanting renovations in his office.

Especially if Trump is going to turn it into an ugly golden mess like those rooms he holds his interviews in. Yuck.

Personally, it makes more sense to me to have an outgoing President at the tail end of his second term shifting out, rather than expecting a new President to be disrupted.

Nixon wrote to Trump in 1987:

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/some-of-the-stunning-similarities-between-richard-nixon-and-donald-trump/

Doesn’t matter. If Trump wants it renovated it is pretty selfish to think Obama should suffer.

Trump doesn’t want it renovated, Secret Service have wanted it renovated for at least a year.

1 Like

I see. Still I can understand if he doesn’t want his last few, busy months, interrupted. Have to look at it from his point of view. If you look at it from a normal point of view. For example teachers. You might be moving classrooms the following year and another teacher wants to move their stuff in early, or the principal wants to paint it before the new year, it is a distraction to have that happen in the last few weeks/months before the end of the term.

Anyway it is probably such a trivial thing that neither the president, Trump nor Secret Services really care about but the media are looking for a story.

This is false.

I really don’t understand this logic. It is far less distracting for someone that has already been in the role for 7 years, and coming towards the end of it.

I don’t know why we’re even discussing this when it is so obvious that the renovations should have already been done when requested by the relevant agency.

I think you need to get over it. It is so trivial and its just the media looking for a story of hostility. Its probably not even true.