US Politics

I’m not shocked. But boy am I disappointed. It is a scary world we live in. I just hope those elected in the senate and the house don’t pass his absolutely stupid laws and I really hope that those naive enough to vote for him don’t follow him in his very impulsive ways.

2 Likes

Definetly agreed, Considering I have heard nothing of his policies, this is going to be pretty much dark times ahead for everyone in the world. Not just the US.

The scary thing is the some of voters that voted for him probably would follow his stupid ideas. (Not all, but some)

I hace access to the US channels atm (online, ABC, CBS, NBC etc) and from what I have been hearing people need to be united and accept the result. But it’s kind hard to do that especially when that great divide has put them to this spot in the first place. Sure they can go about their daily lives, but when Trump is sworn in January (is it?) there’s going to be more uncertainty because know one is going to know what kind of policies he plans to put forward.

1 Like

What scares me is that I see people who I thought were articulate or intelligent people declaring their support for the arrogant, dishonest, disrespectful, racist, sexist, xenophobic, ignorant blowhole as someone suitable to lead the world’s largest democracy.

Have they not seen or heard everything to come from this man in the last 18 months?

Even just the way he and his son tried to sneak peeks at their wives voting shows what disrespectful men they are.

7 Likes

The scary is thought that they are still intelligenet, but they did a protest vote against Hillary Clinton from what I can see of this mess. It’s not like all of the Supporters of trump are bafoons.

has Hillary done anything really that bad that makes Trump look like the better option?

1 Like

No, but if you live in a political climate as toxic as America’s, you end up with this dystopian outcome.

We’re fucked.

3 Likes

So what happens to Hillary then? She has some states behind her. but what happens to her role as Democrat leader? I mean what happens to those states that she has won. Does she works for those states instead of the whole country?

It has huge repercussions for Australians if he does get in. Look at the share market already, this is something that rarely occurs when a republican gets in.

Yeah ASX down almost 2% at the moment. My portfolio will be in heaps of trouble if Trump wins!

Yeah I am sorry to hear this. For those that don’t have a portfolio this might be the time to get in, while the market is down. Lets get real, surely he wouldn’t be reelected.

The Canadian citizenship website has crashed. Oh boy.

3 Likes

I feel sick

10 Likes

People will in the future ask: “Where were you the day a madman was elected?”

3 Likes

I was at a workshop for work today … the whole room was in disbelief.

2 Likes

I’m shocked. Not surprised, but still in shock

2 Likes

I can understand why people, particularly outside big cities, feel their concerns about the globalisation of the economy and immigration are being ignored by the ruling elite. I can’t understand why these people feel voting for an idiot like Trump is going to improve things. It seems to me that the likes of Trump and Hanson get all this support because people have no other way of expressing their dissatisfaction with the direction the ruling elite is taking them.

6 Likes

I think people on here must be thinking, Obama come back we need you.

2 Likes

ABC and Antony Green have called the election for Trump

Clinton not to speak tonight according to CNN

I don’t know what to make that of the fact Clinton she has chosen not to speak. I know the results are still being counted, but surely a concession speech?