British Radio

Good.

I know of no one connected with suicide however, I am empathetic to the cause and believe in this day and age of awareness and beginning attitude change to domestic violence and sexual harassment; suicide should not be ignored in news reports and other public information.

You don’t solve a problem by sweeping anything under the carpet.

1 Like

Not to go too off topic, but this seems to be an Australian thing - other countries appear to confront the issue head on in media coverage, whereas we appear to skirt around it and include semi-cryptic messages

2 Likes

Pradeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

1 Like

:musical_note: Come on Mars, sing with me

You’re not familiar with Iain’s work?

It is unfortunately, mental health despite all the progress is still being treated as shameful. Not abating to put it into perspective. Suicide is the one issue that stands out a lot where no one wants to talk about it because the fear and stigma that comes along with it makes them feel bad.
Hence head space programs , mental health nd youth workers are always encouraging that there needs to be discussion with family and friends.

Someone missed the reference…

I’ve been listening to Iain since his LBC days…

Have you?

Never got around to uploading this - how the Chris Moyles Show covered the death of David Bowie, three years ago today.

1 Like

I wonder if it’ll be any good.

1 Like

From Radioinfo:

Bauer buys more British radio stations to bolster market share

Read more at: https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/bauer-buys-more-british-radio-stations-bolster-market-share

2 Likes

Interesting contrast in the approach to station branding between the two big operators in the UK. Global going with national brands and Bauer sticking with local heritage branding for regional stations, even when most content is networked.

2 Likes

I am not quite sure the “heritage” aspect is equivalent to here. Take Manchester, the original Piccadilly 1152 is now “Greatest Hits 1152” and its sister station Key103 is now the “Hits Radio”. Alot of the changes happened at the start of the year, so maybe more a question of when the acquisitions will loose their identity.

And in the world of imaginative station names, Bauer has radio stations across the UK and Scandinavia with names like Magic, Kiss, Nova and Hits…

Then on March 4th bauer is launching a new classical brand Scala Radio with classical for today’s generation sounds interesting

Stations like Swansea Sound and The Wave in South Wales are “heritage” brands though and Bauer havent messed with them.

1 Like

They’ve only just bought them though.

Global is still sitting on 2BR Lancashire, which will most likely be rebranded as Capital or Heart sometime soon

Yelp!

I thought it would have been HHH…

Looking for the video of the orchestra for the BBC promos. What thread again?

Global, the UK’s largest commercial broadcaster, will be introducing networked breakfast programs for their Capital, Heart and Smooth brands in England, Scotland and Wales.

Local programming will be reduced to a weekday drive shift across newly expanded regions, with the group closing 10 studios across the UK. More than 100 redundancies are expected as a result.

https://radiotoday.co.uk/2019/02/global-to-network-capital-heart-and-smooth-breakfast-shows/

1 Like

Recently there was a Youtube clip posted of the making of imaging production for a regional BBC station, orchestra and singers were featured. Where is the link? Am interested in looking again. Thanks.