General TV History

Neighbours began 34 years ago today (On 7 in Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide. It was a week later in Brisbane) Launched at a time when most soaps faded away after 6 or 7 years, to be still going for 34 is quite an achievement.

YouTube: Brad Wootton-Brooks

Some dude wrote about it in 2015:

6 Likes
1 Like

National Nine News Sydney - Partial Bulletin from Monday, 2/12/2002 (Jim Waley’s first night as a regular presenter)

Apologies for the snowy picture throughout the first 3 minutes of the clip

4 Likes

“Howzat! Kerry Packer’s War: Limited Edition” currently selling for 1 dollar on Sanity’s website. Grab a copy while it lasts!

https://www.sanity.com.au/products/2304349/Howzat_Kerry_Packers_War_Limited_Edition

1 Like

People still buy DVDs?

1 Like

yep

6 Likes

It seems there might also be some Nine Network footage shown during “The Cult Of The Family” on ABC-TV tomorrow night, with the promo including a snippet of A Current Affair footage (presumably from the Late 80s or Early 90s) with Jana Wendt presenting:

JanaACA

5 Likes

Example opener for National Nine News Adelaide during 2008. Still using the SCA-produced 2006 graphics, even after a opener update?

2 Likes

A few Perth TV VHS captures:

7 Likes

Rare ident? Nice find!

As a bonus, here’s Sunraysia’s attempt to make a completely local design for NNN Perth in 2005-2006 (piror one has elements from the regular branding). Also, In Widescreen

I wouldn’t say the 2005-06 National Nine News Perth Opener was completely independently produced by the local station - those globe animations were used by the East Coast Nine stations in 2002/03 for National Nine News Promo Endtags.

2 Likes

National Nine News Perth - Weather And Closer (25.2.2006):

Channel Nine Perth - Lineup (25.2.2006):

Channel Nine Perth - 5 Second Ident + PG Classification Warning (25.2.2006):

Channel Nine Perth - Lineup And Sponsor Billboard (29.3.2006):

National Nine Morning News - Partial Bulletin (29.3.2006):

3 Likes

Back in 2006, I thought that Bob Peters did the voiceover for the sponsor billboards for Nine. During that year, he moved to Channel 10 to voiceover some shows. Phil Baildon has moved from Channel 10 to Nine at the start of 2006 to do some voiceovers. Currently Baildon is still at Nine.

Look at those petrol prices

Anyone remember a Yoplait commercial from the 80’s where the boy said ‘when i grow up i want to be a fireman.’

1 Like

It’s French for yoghurt. No it’s not. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Unfortunately i can’t find the ad on YouTube.

1 Like

News update blooper from the post-dots-WIN-era Nine Perth…

3 Likes

An old news bulletin for any news junkies… Ilona Komesaroff reading Seven National News in Melbourne on 26 May 1982. (Mal Walden must have been away!) including reports from Mike Barrett (conducting an interview by telephone to Bangkok), Dermot O’Brien and Norm Beaman.

YouTube: Mike Squier

9 Likes

Gee, that’s a rare find!
The opener is so basic.

3 Likes