General TV History

That logo is not what was used on air in 1956 and for a few years afterwards. I’ll see if I can find the correct one.

Image result for hsv7

1 Like

Rick and Sue celebrates 34 years as TV news anchor team as well as the world’s longest. Congratulations to both of them

Sue got national airtime in December 2014 during the Sydney Cafe Siege with Seven’s ATN Studios locked down and staff evacuated.

1 Like

This is advertising for opening night

hsv7_openingnight_0005

3 Likes

This was its logo during HSV-7’s test transmissions.

This was one of its early station IDs.

572d5ee94ceae660f0381ba978cf073fe3964e4e

Jesus Christ.

4 Likes

Yeah i don’t know what HSV were going for with that

Found that in Google Images as well. But I said on-air, not newspaper ads!

Realistically though, it’d probably be hard to say for sure just how many of the older logos (particularly before the age of colour TV and home video recording) were used in both print and on-air.

I’d probably take Logopedia with a grain of salt especially when there’s stuff missing like TCN’s pre-1970 version of the Nine logo used by GTV/QTQ.

A rather long compilation of TVQ0/10 news intro, #myfriends

2 Likes

From Logopedia’s page for HSV-7

image-2

image-3

1 Like

There’s also a “opening night newspaper ad” logo in this page, although it seems the user got it right.

These just happen to be on Ebay. Dating is unclear but judging by the faces I would hazard a guess only and say late 1950s or early 1960s

So there does appear to have been some overlap between early HSV logos at least in the early years, as 7 was using the eye logo in print from 1956 right through the 1960s, but the “(7)” shaped logo in the earlier years, but in the absence of any real footage it’s very hard to know for sure what was appearing on screen.

HSV7_1956

hsv7_1956_bw

2 Likes

May only be a guess, but I suspect the bottom logo was used in conjunction with the Americas Cup in 1986/87…

1 Like

Is this any help?

Seven News Perth promos from 2002

3 Likes

1969?

39%20pm

Came across this on Twitter:

Peter Hitchener greeting Australians on the day after Black Saturday, 8 February 2009 from Kinglake.

I remember this bulletin vividly

3 Likes

It was ironic that Naylor himself anchored the Ash Wednesday bushfires 26 years earlier

2 Likes