General TV History

Or this Channel 7 one in hot pants?

1 Like

Ah yes “Mannamana”

And then there’s Seven’s Summer Fever

This clip is from Brisbane, but there was a Sydney version too.

It was part of a Seven resurgence led by Bruce Gyngell

3 Likes

It was well known even in the 80s that Still The One was adapted from the US, I think TV Week did an article about it at one point, but certainly most of us were oblivious to so much other Australian branding being taken from American sources.

Gyngell had already come and gone from 7 by the mid to late 70s. The “7 Revolution” that he led was back in 1969-70. He’d been appointed head of the Australian Broadcasting Tribunal when it began in 1977.

3 Likes

I stand corrected :grinning: thank you @TelevisionAU
I was confusing summer fever with the 7 revolution
Still the video had some good sorts in it… something for everyone…

ATV0’s Good Vibrations station ID. I guess this was shown during the summer of 75/76? Correct me if i’m wrong.

7’s Good Vibtations from the late 80s/early 90s was much better :slight_smile:

7 Good Vibrations

1 Like

Can’t believe this happened 25 years ago this week. That day, January 9, was a landmark moment in my life for a few reasons. This event added to the significance. An exciting day turned into a terrifying day.

2 Likes

There’s an upcoming doco on ABC 3 February

SCA-produced promo for advertising on One HD. Randomly came across this while doing a YT search.

I’m sorry it this was off topic, but anyone know the chick at the start and the end of this promo?:

Just stumbled on this 2017 segment from 3AW’s Nightline, with guests Annette Allison and Roy Hampson who were hosts of Good Morning Melbourne for ten years from 1979 to 1988 but both had been in TV long before then.

Lots of reminiscing about the old days of Channel 0, as Roy was there from before the channel launched in 1964

https://omny.fm/shows/3aw-nightline-with-phil-and-simon/20170521-2216-3aw-roy-hampson-and-annette-allison

1 Like

A documentary airing in 2012 celebrating TNT’s 50th anniversary. Capture by @RetroTvVideos

1 Like

From a Facebook group, Allan Hawley

4 Likes

No, it’s just not cricket!

1 Like

Wait…
I thought ABC dropped regional news in 1985, #myfriends ???

The reason why “citation needed” is beside that statement is because someone has questioned the accuracy of it. I say the statement is not correct as ABC was producing regional news up until early 1985 before The National commenced.

2 Likes

Well I didn’t know why they are doing reconstruction very well #myfriends - considering this one is in PNG and there are very rare archive about this station #myfriends !!!

There’s also some more AU regional TV logo in PNG - please go to Logopedia #myfriends

2 Likes

There’s a lot of Australian TV logos at Logopedia, not just for regional TV.

That board game is one of my favourite TV show board games ever. Played it as a kid.

2 Likes