General TV History

40 year history as a tv station

2 Likes

I must be one of the few people that wasn’t freaked out by that Screen Gems logo! I love the compilations of scary logos on YouTube.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Interesting how the gold 1999-2000 “New Millennium Television” logo was still used in the supers on National Nine News Perth as late as 2002…

6 Likes

They still must have been celebrating.

9 Likes

Even more interesting is that they’ll be used in Adelaide in around 32 years time :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

6 Likes

Which date was this being set?

20th September 2003.

2 Likes

Wow @zampakid that’s incredible. You have a very valuable, enormous archive. How did you obtain such a large extensive archive of TV content for over such a long period?

6 Likes

Family, op shops, tip shops/recycle centres, eBay and Gumtree. If it wasn’t for my 10+ year hobby, all that content would’ve been gone forever.

17 Likes

And a fine job you do too!

6 Likes

Dotless Nine Christmas Ident 2008:

7 Likes

A relatively strong hint (along with many of the promos from around that time) of the then-upcoming 2009 “Choose” On-Air Presentation, don’t you think? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. I find it so good that @Zampakid (and other uploaders of TV content) have preserved a large amount of recorded television content. I don’t think that it is acknowledged enough, especially with the time taken to digitalise. It’s not just the old stuff i’m talking about, the current stuff that gets uploaded would also interesting to look back on in the future. Some of the older content which gets uploaded is actually quite rare.

Indeed, it’s great to see this content preserved instead of the tapes being disposed of in landfill. It certainly has a positive environmental impact and generates discussion between all of us here!

It has inspired me to have a look at my old(ish) PVR recordings and hopefully my 25+ VHS tapes once I have the adequate equipment.

8 Likes

Channel Nine Perth - Still Local & Still The One Ident:

2 Likes

Indeed, can’t believe how much stuff I’ve thrown out over the years.

1 Like

11 Likes

That ‘Breaking News’ titlecard is unusual, I haven’t seen that before.

3 Likes