General TV History

Very modest New Year’s greeting from ABV2 in 1982. Announcer Graham Evans sporting a very fetching baby blue suit and giving a polite handover to 1983 followed by some (no doubt) stock footage of random fireworks. Quite different to the New Years coverage we might get these days on ABC!

YouTube: Oz TV

3 Likes

Still better and more dignified than the ABC’s diabolical 2013 NYE effort hosted by Lawrence Mooney and Stephanie Brantz.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Channel 9 Perth also had a ‘Still Local Still the One’ slogan on screen. They had the National Nine News |Nightly at 6PM. (taken from 2006)

Their program lineups from 2003-2005 was sometimes voiced by Chris Brown. Did Channel 9 Perth used other voiceovers for the program lineups like Bob Peters and Ken Sparkes?

4 Likes

I had so many videos and caps from the WIN STW era but is on my dead HDD which I still not confident about opening and trying to fix it! One day I will recover it all! Learnt that lesson the hard way and now store all new stuff on a cloud storage

A post was merged into an existing topic: TV History - Questions

A post was merged into an existing topic: TV History - Questions

Dixie Marshall and Sonia Vinci are long gone, Dennis Cometti went to 7 in 2007 but retired in 2016 and Natalia Cooper is now weather girl on Today.

Only Michael Thomson remains at STW-9 in this promo in 2005

3 Likes

Sharlyn Sarac has also left Channel Nine Perth in 2010. I know that there have been a huge amount of changes that have happened over at Nine Perth with staff leaving and departing the network.

2 Likes

Did TVW7 at any point use the Circle 7 logo from the early seventies?

This is a original song recorded for Ten Capital News’ 1996 Xmas tape that’s literally about the news team.

3 Likes

Locally produced Southern Cross Ten idents from 2011:

I just uploaded this for Kerry O’Brien’s “return to Ten”

2 Likes

What’s the name of the song being used for the Southern Cross TEN seriously ident?

1 Like

Wham Bam by Clooney…

I had no idea… so I shazamed it :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Channel Nine Perth “40 Years” PRG:

2 Likes

National Nine News Perth Update and Promo from 2005:

Newsbreak:

Promo/Update:
2 Likes

Does anyone have the Mel Waldren’s Final bulletin at HSV 7 in 1987 when he got sacked? I have been looking on youtube for not much luck

There is a 60 Minutes story on YouTube that covers the saga of Seven at that time and which includes part of Mal’s sign off

YouTube: oztvheritage

4 Likes

Have never watched that report before but very interesting! If only 60 Minutes did reporting like that now. Love that they were able to have access to Greg Pearce and David Johnston for that piece too, I can’t see that happening in this day and age.

1 Like