General TV History

Here is a Southern Cross news promo using Age of Reason

1 Like

Follow up to my 1991 Gulf War tapes… the 2003 invasion. Again, fantastic coverage from old TEN!

4 Likes

A bit of TEN Sydney fun.

3 Likes

Not so long ago, but some great anchoring by Hugh and a gorgeous space.

4 Likes

Jessica Rowe and Ron Wilson 2003

5 Likes

Sandra Sully 2004

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that clip is from 2004, judging by the date (Thursday February 5) in the Opener and the Ident which aired beforehand! :wink:

Thanks. Have always liked that era of the program where - and Sandra has talked about this herself on podcasts - producers decided to have Sandra just read down the barrel of the camera for story after story after story and stay on her, rather than go to recorded material. Looked great.

1 Like

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: TV History - Questions

I’m very exhausted, like this topic, so I will post some random post from now:

NINE NEWSBREAK ENDTAG EVOUTION:

credit: AUSTVARCHIVE, @Zampakid, @plainsvideo

BONUS (RARE, thanks @Zampakid):

4 Likes

Ten’s execution of this bulletin was just flawless.

3 Likes

Technically there is nothing stopping Prime, SCA, etc., maintaining local branding but it is obviously cheaper to just mimic the parent metropolitan network. Programming-wise affiliation with a metro network is the most effective way to source content. If they were to rely on independent programming (as WIN has threatened to do in the past) it would be a challenge particularly in having to comply with relevant content requirements (e.g. Australian content, Australian drama, etc) and being able to actually source content that isn’t already nailed down.

3 Likes

Back in the days, they used to have the AO (Adults Only) classification. I don’t know when the AO classification was abolished before changing it to MA15+ and AV15+.

1 Like

September 1993

4 Likes

Some great footage of TEN10’s old North Ryde studios in this clip. https://youtu.be/R01EoMXrt7M

3 Likes

Some VHS captures (videos coming soon)

12 Likes

Here is a 7.30 report story on digital television from 2006

3 Likes

I missed Ian Ross who has been a wonderful asset to the Nine Network for many years. He has been a significant contributor to Seven since the start of 2003 And working all the way to 2009. This man was a revered man who worked so hard in the news industry.

3 Likes

Ian Ross joined Seven News Sydney in December 2003. Was still on Nine as recently as the 2002-03 Summer non-ratings period if I’m not mistaken.

But yeah, RIP Roscoe - hard to believe it’ll be five years since he passed away in April next year! :cry:

6 Likes

7 Likes