General TV History

It seems that the input signal to the translator from BCV8 was unreliable. So they used an intermediate UHF link to “connect” it with BCV8. it still carried exactly the same program as its parent station.

Some terrible news for fans of old Aussie commercials on Youtube - one of the more prolific uploaders, Flemishdog, has had their channel suspended for copyright strikes.

A lot of stuff is going to be lost in the ether…

2 Likes

Well that sucks. YouTube again pushing its weight around.

1 Like

Damn, he had a lot of great uploads. Although this might be of interest:

7 Likes

Mod edit: @theduytv Please try and use a single post when uploading dozens of screen shots at a time. Thanks

1 Like

1 Like

I forgot something: @Bronson why your SES8 1983/4 tape haven’t included SES8 ID ???

Because it was a random piece of footage that was on the end of a video tape.

(recieved on translator ABUN4)

Commercial stuff:

Dec 17 1992 - so VICTV must be 24/7 by 1993/4.

4 Wollongwong, 6 Bega-Cooma, and 3, 11 where, #myfriend???

The last question: what was the branding of NEN/ECN before 1983, @myfriend ???

Yes the melbourne newsroom went on strike. I remember seeing it other local news broadcasts.

1 Like

Poor King Islands…
(why not “translating from TNT 9” ???)

Also:

I thought that remote areas not aggregated until '99 ???

essentially means the same thing

I seem to recall that Ten Satellite (QQQ) was allowed to start a broadcast in Alice Springs and Imparja (IMP) was allowed to open in Mt Isa ahead of aggregation across the entire outback region in 1999. I didn’t think it was as early as 1995 but I guess according to whatever website that is from, it was.

1 Like

The detailed history of RVN2…

Translator stations WIN3 were at Eden, Narooma and Brokers Nose/North Wollongong

WIN11 was in Batemans Bay

3 Likes

I do remember as a small child going to Swan Hill on holidays around 1975 and noticed that BCV11 had a studio/newsroom/sales office in the Swan Hill CBD, the logo at the front of the building was the same as BCV8 but with 11 instead of 8.

I don’t know if it was the same building as your talking about but I remember they had a office in Beveridge street with the Ten Victoria branding on the front. I think it closed in the early 2000.

1 Like

These were uploaded to Logopedia.

BTV6 BTV6%201968

Post 1983 was “we’re entertaining you”

1 Like

That’s before my time…

Getting what?

2 Likes

The house used for the exterior shots in The Brady Bunch sold in LA. Here’s the story.

2 Likes