General TV History

I love that graphics look. So ugly it’s beautiful.

3 Likes
4 Likes

6 Likes

Morning startup from ITQ8 Mount Isa circa March 1989

8 Likes

Nine used a Warehouse look & it was horrible. When was the first time that They’ve used this package?

May 2006 I believe.

1 Like

News bulletin from ITQ8, circa March 1989.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Any context?

Who, when, channel?

Stuart Wagstaff, Channel Seven (Sydney at least, not sure if other markets ever got movie presentation from him), sometime in the 1980s.

I believe he was saying “Now all you kids off to bed, no arguments” at the end of a family movie.

1 Like

Not aware that his movie presentations ever aired in Melbourne. HSV7 had Ivan Hutchinson

3 Likes

Wagstaff was producer for Telethon in Perth who passed away a few years ago

3 Likes

Thought the face was familiar but the movie presentation threw me. Never seen him do that.

1 Like

From the information I can gather, Ivan Hutchinson’s movie presentations were networked to Sydney from June 1987.

Stuart Wagstaff presented The Midday Movie (and probably other timeslots, like Friday Night as per the example above) for Channel Seven Sydney for about two years, succeeding John Hanrahan who was the station’s movie man for five years before Wagstaff.

2 Likes

Yes. HSV staff were losing jobs all over the place in 1987 but Ivan Hutchinson survived to have his movie intros extended to Sydney. One of the few on-air people at HSV to survive that Fairfax period.

2 Likes

letterbox

hosted by Paul Makin, and Ann Sanders was a co-host at one stage. (it was produced at Channel 7 in Perth)

I think the prize money later went up from $25,000 to $50,000 , probably when it went national but it didn’t last long.

2 Likes

Gotta love those sets from the 70s and 80s :slight_smile:

1 Like

A Prime Local News Orange opener from 1993 with Jane (not sure of her surname)
6 Likes

1 Like

NTD8 Darwin, but what year?