General TV History

Channel 9 and affiliate websites from 2007:

13 Likes

Seven and affiliates websites from 2007:

(looks weird because I didn’t turn off Ad Block Pro. There was a banner in the white space above, usually advertising Seven News or Today Tonight from memory)

12 Likes

Haha wow, the mid to late 2000s look so 90s now :joy:. I was playing around with street view and went back to 2008, man it was awesome realising how old everything looked 9 years ago!

9 Likes

Ten’s website from 2007:

12 Likes

the 7 perth website hasn’t changed much in 10 years

3 Likes

Channel Seven Perth is located in Perth, Western Australia

Didn’t know that :wink:

5 Likes

Could have been for Channel Seven Perth of Perth Scotland though, so they needed to distinguish themselves.

4 Likes

They got that wrong…

It’s REALLY based in Melbourne…

Rage wasn’t a all night affair in the beginning apparently…

1 Like

It was but it seemed to be a bit hit and miss in its early years. Some weeks it just didn’t air at all even when it was supposed to and in it’s place they’d just have a slide up on screen declaring that Rage wasn’t on.

But this was around the time the recording industry was starting to go all hard arse on demanding payment for TV stations airing video clips, so ABC may have had to cut the show out some weeks given the relative uncertainty over whether or not they could actually play video clips.

Given the nature of the “sign-off” here which is fairly abrupt with no national anthem or a friendly farewell, and that 11.30am is quite a late time for the signing back on, I would say in this instance it might have been a one-off perhaps to conduct some maintenance or something. Without knowing what time this clip went to air, I would hazard a guess that Rage did its normal overnight/early morning airing but with just a temporary shutdown for a couple of hours in the mid-morning.

3 Likes

Rare find. Carols in the Domain finale from 1996 featuring a star studded cast

1 Like

4 Likes

I see that Carols In The Domain has been using Seven Network personalities as the presenters of Carols In The Domain since at least 1996, with Noni Hazelhurst and then-husband John Jarratt (who of course, were the main hosts of Better Homes & Gardens at the time) presenting that year’s show.

Also, maybe it’s because I was very young when that went to air but while I certainly remember many appearances from Disney characters and The Wiggles at Carols In The Domain, I don’t recall Sesame Street characters ever been part of that event. Perhaps a one-off?

The News Update supers were played out from the On-Air Presentation department?

2 Likes

10 years ago - 24 Nov 2007.

4 Likes

10 Years ago they had the federal election on TV

Seven feed

Nine feed

Maybe back when there was local on-air presentation back then, it was possible for that to happen?

2 Likes

Playout from Bendigo St??

ex-QSTV?

3 Likes

Possibly, if they still had facilities at Mt. Isa. This would’ve been from the 90s, after QTV’s Nine affilation was swiped from under their nose by WIN/RTQ! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The TV guide for that day. Seven’s Your Call 07 coverage with Mel and Kochie was promoted as “Without The Boring Bits”

Source: TV Week

ABC won the night, not surprisingly, and Seven rated well, pushing Nine to get beaten by The Empire Strikes Back!

6 Likes