Ten - Turn Me On ID (1996):

Seven Must-see Sunday Promo (1996): [before Raymond moved to Ten]

Today Tonight Promo (1997):

Cheez TV Promo:

Ten Christmas ID (1997):

Seven - Winter Olympic Games ID/Promo (1998):

Ten Summer ID (1998):

8 Likes

Awesome picture/audio quality for VHS tapes that are 19-21 years old.

If I’m not mistaken, this one’s from 1998. Back in 1996, the “Give Me Ten” Idents would’ve still been in use and I’m pretty sure those abstract IDs with the clouds background at the end were used by Ten in 1997.

Including Kochie when he still had hair! And of course Peter Luck on the endtag who passed away recently.

1 Like

Well it was honestly my initial facial expression at the time.

Ten News Sydney - 4 July 2013. Good Old Days with Braddles on too!

@lachlan_kennedy Presented the late news that night!

10 Likes

Gosh the graphics from that era were awful. Mind you, the Eyewitness branding has aged as well.

1 Like

Current graphics are still look similar to the old Ten News graphics IMO, Favourite graphics were the 2013-16 ones.

Clip:

8 Likes

The good ol’ days. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

13 Likes

“So there’s your Wednesday nights planned for a couple of months… and speaking of plan…”

6 Likes

is it weird I actually somewhat liked the graphics (but the original 2011 versions)?

2 Likes

Did you ever watch or remember the WIN TV Hobart produced show ‘Goodsports’? It originally aired across the country on WIN on Saturday mornings at 7.30am and in the later years with the repeats airing weekday afternoons at 3.30pm. It ran for a total 10 seasons.

Having previously searched for it online I’ve found no one has uploaded any of it, and unfortunately I don’t seem to have any recordings of it in my collection either. Shame. From memory it was of pretty high quality for something that was locally produced by WIN back in the day before it finished up in late 2000 IIRC.

1 Like

I’d forgotten about that show but yes I remember seeing it a lot. I didn’t realise until later on though that it was a specific Tasmanian program, probably because a lot of the things were southern Tasmania and Hobart so I didn’t recognise them as easily but it could easily have passed as from anywhere else in Australia. Good to have seen some local Tassie programming making it elsewhere. The only things I can think of now are Hook, Line and Sinker and Ben’s Menu which both have a reasonable aspect of Tasmania in them but aren’t exclusively Tasmania.

I think that there might be a new kitchen for Ben Milbourne too in the new Living City providore development due to open in a couple of months in Devonport for his series to be continuing to be filmed.

1 Like

Goodsports ran from 1991 to 2000. According to Wikipedia, WIN TV are airing repeats of the show at 3.30pm.

1 Like

I vaguely remember Nine airing Goodsports in the 9.30am timeslot back in the day, the theme music is probably the most I remember about the show.

1 Like

I came across this on YouTube from @WAtvVideos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HthiK1pbvI

I’m curious at the 0:22 mark. Why did WIN dub over announcing “Today”?
Was that during the feud between Nine and WIN?

That was my fault. I used Sony Vegas for video editing back then and I still had a WIN ident in the timeline when I rendered the video. :frowning:

2 Likes

Haha it all makes sense now! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Interesting content from the first community TV broadcaster in Sydney. The latter half of the video is obviously some form of in-vision teletext.

This entire Youtube channel is filled with massive amounts of content from Sydney community TV in the 1990s.

2 Likes

Obviously this part is wrong and should be updated! I haven’t seen WIN air this for many years. I wouldn’t mind if they did air reruns of it though.

Yeah, I think Nine did air it later in the mornings.

Speaking of the music, I actually found this upload that I seemed to have overlooked when I last went searching for content for it years ago:

1 Like

Interesting find.

So presumably the Redfern-based cable TV channel “CTV1” somehow eventually evolved into CTS-31? Or did both of them run at the same time?

Yeah, I think WIN ran repeats of Goodsports at 3.30pm during the “Nine vs WIN” dispute of 2007 (possibly around the same period of time WIN reran “The Music Box” before Susie) but not for very long.

2 Likes