General TV History

I absolutely love the 'There’s more to…" ident. Such a great campaign for the ABC and I wish they’d do something like that to underscore its importance in the current climate.

As a 10 year old when it first aired (usually just before ABC Kids) I thought it was the most random thing ever. Now I get all nostalgic and it’s pretty cool to see all the symbolism they put into the various things (the owl above the books, the man sitting on the chair).

1 Like

ten.com is still a P0rn site.

The only ident with director’s commentary:

1 Like

The second We Lead the Way video looks a lot like the anthem film used by TNT9…portions of the vision were also used by BTV/GMV, RTS and SES as well.

Speaking of MVQ, I found this recently-versions of MVQ’s “We’ve Got It All’” jingles, produced at Starsound in Mt Coot-Tha:

According to the tape label, the package dates to 1985.

4 Likes

Found some more early digital recordings going through the hard drives:

Seven 2003 line-up:

Ten News Opener - 31 December 2003:

WIN Local News Tasmania Opener - 4 September 2003:

11 Likes

tvcl has once again delivered the goods! :+1:

The Paul Kennedy filing a report for Ten at the end of the New Years Eve 2003 Sydney News Opener clip…probably the same Paul Kennedy who currently presents sport on ABC News Breakfast? :slight_smile:

1 Like

And a few more. Both the Prime and 7’s version of the 2003 Rugby World Cup ID:

Prime:

Seven:

Prime - MRR ID (2004):

WIN - WIN Territory and Still the One ID + Sponsor Board (2005) with an early version of the big blue blob:

Seven - New Year ID (2003):

Seven - Dog ID (2003):

7 Likes

Last post for now. A Sunrise opener from 2004. Not in digital, unfortunately. Back in the early 2000s, hard drives were much smaller and digital TV bitrates were much higher, so I limited my digital recordings.

Some audio glitches in this, unfortunately. Probably because my 733 MHz computer at the time wasn’t fast enough to encode the TV live.

7 Likes

Sounds like him. Only younger!

1 Like

Thanks for this. Out of what channel was Starsound located?

The label gives the address as Sir Samuel Griffith Drive-that’s all I can tell you on that…

1 Like

QTQ9 - I’m pretty sure they owned it.

1 Like

As seen today - includes Ita and a young(er) Lisa Wilkinson

3 Likes

Pity they didn’t have a publicity shot with Carlotta included. Would be interesting to see a Studio 10 with Ita, Lisa and Carlotta on the panel. Just like old times.

3 Likes

Is that Joh Griggs on the left?

EDIT: Just clicked on the image and saw it’s listed at the bottom.

Also Johanna Griggs, Prue MacSween, Stan Zemanek, Maureen Duval. The only 1 I can’t name is third from the left? Jan? Murray perhaps?

1 Like

In that program she worked with a range of high-profile personalities, including host Stan Zemanek and fellow panellists media icon Ita Buttrose, Les Girls icon Carlotta, journalist Jo Casamento, former model and TV personality Charlotte Dawson, variety icon Jeanne Little, publicity maven Prue MacSween, activist Jan Murray, and fashion icon Maggie Tabberer.

Also mentioned on Wiki.

1 Like

Ahhhh Jan Murray. Stan and Jan had some rip roaring verbal stoshes back in the day.

What a shame they replaced Stan with Doug Mulray. He was a cuddly teddy bear compared to Stan.

3 Likes

Not to mention the show only lasted another year (of that run) with Doug at the helm!