General TV History

There was by the late 1990s, in the ABA list of broadcasting and television stations in 1999 there are two translators licenced for Echuca (see below), but it appears that they dropped off the list after 2003 and were not replaced with digital transmitters. I suppose it’s possible they were licenced but never switched on?

Echuca

AMV61 Commercial 758.224 V OD 100 -36 7 50 144 44 47 1384040
Water Tower High St
GLV64 Commercial 779.224 V OD 100 -36 7 50 144 44 47 1384222
Water Tower High St

2 Likes

They were such great news promos

1 Like

Very interesting! I wonder why they would have bothered given Echuca is in a primary reception area, and not in a valley or anything?

Could be that they never got to air. But thanks for checking into it and my apologies for making a sweeping statement!

1 Like

Contuining from my last post here… The 15 second (short) Sydney versions of the Speed Of Life promos:

1 Like

National Nine News Perth - ‘40 Years of News’ Report:

First few seconds is missing
1 Like

Noise International created Nine’s 2007, 2009, 2009-2012, 2012-2015 on air packages plus GO!'s 2009-2014 and 2014-2015 ones plus Gem’s 2010-2015 ones. Here’s a montage they created:

6 Likes

I’m surprised they got an follow up work given how awful the 2007 package was.

4 Likes

Noise International only did the music, which to be fair was probably the only good element (except for the “Channel Nine/WIN Television/NBN” whispers) of the package.

2 Likes

A special SBS News bulletin during the 2003 Iraq War with a ‘Special Presentation’ opener. Narelle Hooper and Anton Enus presenting.

5 Likes

Some good news. I’ve finally got a VCR to USB adapter so I am in the process of converting a lot of old VCR recordings my parents made in the late 90s - early 00s.
So expect to see some show promos and idents on YouTube in the near future, if I get around to it :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

It’s always good to see more people uploading VHS content! I would have about 25 VHS tapes with my parent’s recordings, mainly early-mid 2000s by the look of it with a fair bit of Seven stuff based on tape labels.

Would be interested to see news updates as well!

5 Likes

You might never know that there used to be an Argentine station copy the Nine’s 1982 ident, #myfriends

5 Likes

Which converter did you get? Quality results?

In all liklkhood it was an imaging package that was licensed by both 9 and 12… highly unlikely anyone “copied” it.

EDIT: Linked accidentally to the wrong post… nothing to do with Qwerty obviously :grinning: … apologies

1 Like

did u believe that wasn’t a buenos aires station ?

Yeah… I believe it’s a genuine ID… I’m just saying production companies or networks will license versions of their creative to other broadcasters… so it’s not a case of copying, it’s a legit business deal.

Nine licensed ABC America imaging for years, Seven did the same with NBC while Ten licensed imaging from ABC, CBS and Fox in various forms over the years.

Some people suggest they stole the concepts but it was never that.

1 Like

No, I mean that this was a Cordoba station, not Buenos Aires (the capital of Argentina), #myfriend (@KnowItAll) .

Do you know what happened to the station later ?

No idea… Prime owner some stations in Argentina at one point I think, so maybe there was an Australian connection.

This is the one I purchased:

Quality isn’t the best thing ever but it’s certainly watchable :slight_smile:
Even found some Seven Nightly News clips!

Seven Nightly News - April 10th 1999
With Peter Mitchell (news and weather) and Mark Beretta (sport)

10 Likes

No problem :slightly_smiling_face:
Finding the discussion quite interesting anyway, always learning new stuff in this thread.

Interesting Seven Nightly News caps! Back in the day when they did the straight angle with the plasma to the left, dumped soon after with the relaunch in July becuase it looked ‘outdated’.

3 Likes