General TV History

BPM was the music channel.

1 Like

Yep that’s right thanks for that reminder on the name.

I just checked my old LG TV and tried to access Netcast, message says, service no longer available, even vTuner no longer works, so I unplugged the ethernet cable and removed the TV MAC address from the routers dedicated IP bandwidth access

1 Like

I think we got the point from your earlier post.

9 Likes

Optus HFC is still around 30Mpbs on the base plan, AFAIK Telstra is around 100Mbps now. Optus is pretty stable now that all of the customers have gone to nbn.

I think they have upped it to maximum 50Mbits to match what they now offer for fixed line NBN as Telstra did with their remaining HFC customer base, of course Telstra also upped the return path to 5Mbits while Optus have kept the standard 2.5Mbits return parth speed, a friend has standard Optus HFC and now gets minimum 48Mbits down.

Does not bother me, I have had premium speed pack (mind you FREE) 100Mbits/2.5Mbits now since oh gees what 2012? when Optus issued me with the DOCSIS 3.0 CISCO DPQ 3925 cable modem, simply put it into bridge mode (which was harder than it should of been thanks to Optus removing the option to do it via HTML web code) and connected via ethernet to a TP-LINK WiFi N Dual Band Router which pumps out 300Mbits on 2.4GHz (using WiFi Channel 6) and 300Mbits on 5GHz (using High Power WiFi channel 149), looking at my link speed for 2.4GHz its bang 300Mbits and for 5GHz its 120Mbits at a distance away from the router of about 40 meters.

Looking at NBN Co website my street has again been changed again (for the 3rd time this year), HFC is still the technology choice offered (I can get Telstra HFC right now if need be but really they have nothing that is beating what I am getting now with exception to mobile 4G LTE, Optus is awful in this region on that front if you don’t have ability to lock network bands it reverts to crappy 2.3GHz LTE, reminds me of Galaxy then Tarbs at how spotty that network band is :wink: ) now reporting October to December 2020 … geesh on one hand Im happy to be still with Optus HFC on the other hand its pissing me off that NBN Co can’t offer HFC to me right now even though I could get Telstra HFC tomorrow.

/end rant

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: TV History - Questions

Yes called the News and it normally in a press conference with a Police Detective and crying family.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/518Q2GGK63L.jpg

For some reason ABC has waited until now to put up a clip of its news coverage from when Prime Minister Harold Holt was feared drowned. It would have been probably of more interest at the actual 50th anniversary late year.

Sydney newsreader is Rod McNeil followed by a live cross to Bob Willcox in Melbourne presenting live in a five-state linkup, probably quite rare at the time.

YouTube: ABC Library Sales

5 Likes

Interesting the difference between the Melbourne and Sydney studios - with the predominantly dark coloured one in Melbourne - which looks like it’d be easier to do those kind of graphic overlays on to?

One line that stood out is “about now, eastern time” - surely ‘now’ isn’t timezone dependent. It might make sense if there’s a tape delay, but I wouldn’t have thought they’d have one.

1 Like

NOTE
THE
WHITE
CIRCLED
#myfriends

What are you asking? That logo is for GTS-BKN for the Spencer Gulf & Broken Hill, more specifically BKN7 which was the original Broken Hill station.

1 Like

I mean most of people inside this thread (including me, and, maybe, @TelevisionAU, and #myfriends) may haven’t seen this logo yet (These may only had seen the variant with the word GTS/BKN, rather than number 7 like this, #myfriends)

Is there an identical logo with a 4 on it for GTS? I’d not personally seen that variant.

2 Likes

I might have one somewhere.

EDIT: So far I’ve only been able to find the BKN7 variation from some old letterhead. I thought I had a GTS4 version as well but can’t locate it now.

bkn7

3 Likes

Eric Walters - probably my favourite newsreader. There was something strange going on with the audio at Ten Sydney here - a lot of echo on the music. LOVED this set.

2 Likes

The CNN era for TEN. Agree, loved Eric.

A true gentleman who showed great integrity when presenting news. RIP Eric Walters (1937-2010).

1 Like

But if there was GTS4, was the typeface of the GTS4 (i mean the font) same as BKN7, #myfriend ???

P/s: a special gift for #myfriends (inside this thread). Thanks #myfriend, @DannySSJ93 !!!

Adopt a Dot Clips:
60 Second Ad

Activation

End of activation
6 Likes

Wow. I don’t remember nor have any knowledge of this. Seems pretty cool. What is it exactly?