TV History - Questions

CBN.

1 Like

Out of all the main ABC stations, ABQ i believe had the most translator stations.

Does anyone know when abouts this microphone style and jacket logo (hard to see) was ued?
(Taken at Peter Janson’s place in Melbourne)

Probably mid to late 1970’s would be my guess.

3 Likes

Yep, 1979. Here’s another pic from that moment

1 Like

Does anyone have vision of old 5A channels in Australia?

A 1999 RTS-5A news opener, courtesy of Dan Martin.

1 Like

no video, but a program guide from TV-Radio Extra in 1986,

3 Likes

Speaking of foreign news programming on SBS. Do they still put that disclaimer at the start saying that it “Does not endorse the content”

There’s also a possibility that they might’ve run into the odd lawsuit

Looking back on it I’m a little surprised than NBN3 Newcastle didn’t do that as well. Though on weekends did occasionally remain on air until around 2am

1 Like

Thanks!

Not sure if this counts - Channel 10 - 4 - and 5a

1 Like

Does count - thanks!

That’s an novel way to do local content …

A 10 mins “What’s On” program at 5pm and then 20 mins local news from 6:10 to 6:30 …

1 Like

They do.

Probably around that time. Was probably around the same time NBN 3 Newcastle used it too

1 Like

Just wondering. Back in the late 80s Early 90s one of the prominent Australian sketch comedy shows put out a series of sketches that were a spoof of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Only were Frogs. Also seem to remember the Shredder pisstake was covered in kitchen utensils.

I can’t remember if it was The Comedy Company or Fast Forward. Plus I haven’t been able to find any of them on YouTube

1 Like

I know Full Frontal did a send-up of Power Rangers which featured Ross Williams covered in kitchen utensils.

2 Likes
2 Likes
Get Connected: Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter