Trump's Inauguration - Media coverage

Weekend Today

4 Likes

There’s only one thing missing from those caps… Laurie Oakes eating pizza.

13 Likes

Laurie Oaks eating pizza at last year’s Election in New York in front of a live national audience.

1 Like

Did Prime7 show the Innauguration or did it show Home Shopping instead?

According to the tv guide, they did show it aswell as WIN7 (SA) and SCTV TAS.

Love Seven’s use of their set this morning.

1 Like

Unfortunately my recording ended before Seven’s coverage started, but here’s a promo for it anyway:

2 Likes

A good event, certainly a day I’ll never forget

I watched the CNN coverage of thr inauguration ball, but for thr inauguration I recorded the abc news coverage and watched the CBS coverage.

I personally thought the three balls were lovely.

I remember where I was when I watched the inauguration … in my bed :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Caught up with the news. Channel 606 replaying C-Span’s clean feed uninterrupted. Obama didn’t land at Palm Springs due to inclement weather

SBS used a brief breaking news opener to commence their coverage. It was only shown live in AEDT areas.

1 Like

Pathetic that SBS delayed the coverage into Qld etc, and also pathetic that Nine cut the coverage to Perth at 6:00am AEST, so that Today was then delayed into Perth rather than being live.

4 Likes

No coverage on terrestrial TV by TEN as we know, but they did have a digital producer tweeting at around 3:30am this morning so that’s something I guess :thinking: Alas no news tonight though due to BBL.

6 Likes

Surely on the day where Trump is inaugurated as the new US President and in the aftermath from the Melbourne CBD incident, Ten should have found sometime to air a bulletin in some fashion??

Yes, the BBL doubleheader beginning at 4pm AEST means a bulletin can’t air in the traditional 5pm time slot. However, there’s no excuses for not airing one at 3pm AEST between coverage of the WBBL & BBL or even a 1/2 hour bulletin on One or Eleven

7 Likes

No loss they didn’t cover the inauguration. Not interested in that asshole.

1 Like

Yeah for once I’m actually with Ten on this one. Plenty of other places for those that wanted coverage.

1 Like

Sunrise’s Twitter first with the news… 24 hours later…

https://twitter.com/sunriseon7/status/822728190049353728

8 Likes

Tim Blair: “President Donald Trump’s inauguration speech hit many fine notes.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/blogs/tim-blair/president-trump/news-story/e00877fc705c62fb6516ef1948acb40a

The out of tune singer hit more fine notes than than Trump.

Videos of Seven and Nine’s opening to coverage

6 Likes

TV overnight ratings roughly 25% down on last inauguration.