Triple M Network

Triple M Sydney currently playing OMC’s “How Bizarre”.

Not a song that I thought was in keeping with the “widest rock mix” positioner. It’s not what you could call a rock song to any degree.

4 Likes

As did I, I thought it was great coverage, far more enjoyable than the ABC commentary which became quiet boring after a few overs.

I don’t have access to Macquaries coverage where I live so it’s ABc or bust for cricket.

With the league coverage unfortunately KOFM don’t take the the shows which is quiet frustrating especially when I’m at work. So again for NRL talk it’s ABC or nothing in Newcastle.
Fortunately the NRL coverage on ABC is good but I’d rather Yhe Triple M shows on the weekends.

Triple M Adelaide has split the Rush Hour into two one hour shows on 104.7, 3-4pm and 6-7pm with the show airing in its full two hour format on Triple M Classic Rock on Digital Radio. Kennedy & Molloy now 4-6pm instead of 5-7pm.

1 Like

Disgusting. I can imagine SCA are leaning on their ladies in Perth to follow suit with Mix. Disgraceful.

So, what happens with the digital hours in Adelaide, by the time it goes to air 6 - 7pm, it’s a replay?

Would be nice if the same happened for Brisbane too. Around 1/2 million of talent for the full team and only one hour in Brisbane but three on the Gold Coast with split breaks.

This is the automated tweet to angry tweets about the move.

1 Like

Why can’t they just do what Triple M Melbourne has done and air the Rush Hour from 2pm - 4pm?

They should have just left it at 4-6pm, 2-4pm isn’t even drive anymore.

1 Like

Why does it need to be 2 hours?? It’s The Rush “Hour”

2 Likes

2 - 4 is never drive, it’s school pick up time at best. It’s a slot best left to community radio and the ABC.

5MMM drive rightly so has been 3 - 6pm, as was 4MMM’s local drive last year.

This is SCA’s usual death of a thousand cuts to push the local talent out and save money, seemingly not content with saving money on the cast of thousands cricket team axing.

The strange idea of beginning the show on FM then the second hour on digital with no 5pm hour is not good for audiences, most won’t do that. Better than Brisbane which that does not happen for.

From a brief look at relevant tweets, very unhappy.

4 Likes

Newsreader in Melbourne just started the news with ‘your royal wedding free news’. Haha

9 Likes

Noticed between 6-7pm Triple M Melbourne now has “Plays of the day” with highlights from Hot Breakfast, Rush Hour and Kennedy Molloy rolled into one. Any other metro or regional stations doing this?

1 Like

Unaware of anything similar. They can afford a live announcer then. Ridiculous.

TBF, 6-7pm tends to be replay hour across the board. Fitzy & Wippa replay on Nova, used to be (might still be) replay of breakfast on Hit…

Hughesy & Kate 4:30-6:30pm weekdays

What’s 6:30-7?

Ash London LIVE 6.30pm -10pm weekdays.

Don’t think Regionals would be doing this as the Triple M Regional Victoria Line Up is
6-9 Breakfast
9-12 Mornings
12-3 Greatest Hits from 70s to Now
3-5 The Rush Hour with JB and Billy
5-7 Kennedy Molloy MON-THU
5-6 Best Of Kennedy Molloy FRI
7-8 Sports Day MON-THU
6-11 AFL FRI
8-9 Greatest Hits from 70s to Now
9-12 Australia by Night
12-5 30 Night Shift with Bona

I think Triple M Bris and Adel have done this because they can’t play their main national drive show which is Kennedy Molloy the whole week because they get cut off early at 6pm on a Friday because of AFL, NRL, etc but I think it is good that MMM Bris and Adel are taking KM at 4 after all it is a national drive show and if you look at H&K, KTM, etc they all start at the same time in different states even if it is delayed in some states it still starts at the same time.
But i don’t agree with Jars and Louie being broadcast on MMM Greatest Hits they should just do what Melbourne do and have The Rush Hour on 2-4 and The Best Of 6-7 Mon-Thu but im not sure what they should do in Brisbane considering now Bradman and the gang are calling themselves Gold Coast’s local drive show

I do know left Friday 5MMM AFL coverage started at 7pm normally but the stuff before that was on digital radio so they didn’t interrupt Kennedy & Molloy.

1 Like

Oh ok i didn’t know that, 5MMM must love their digital radio

Honestly SA/NTs timezone offset of 30 minutes does make live radio (and TV) scheduling so painful. The sooner they move to +9 instead of +9:30 the better.