Triple M Network

I don’t disagree. As long as Classic Rock and Greatest Hits are available on DAB I think it would be worth them trying Modern on FM.

1 Like

I hope they don’t for precisely that reason - I’m really enjoying Modern Digital and wouldn’t want it ruined with excessive talk, ads and football coverage, because I doubt they’d keep the digital station going if they moved FM towards it in format.

My favourite station on digital by far and indeed, up there with some of the stations I’d stream from overseas.

Also, if they could stop playing Thunder by Imagine Dragons, that’d be great. Heard it twice today, switched away and it was playing on Fox as well!

Perhaps they should go with the Modern format on FM during Tom and Olly’s show. Might suit the demographic at night and also suit the younger hosts.

Enjoyed listening to Jane gazzo do drive this week in Melb

1 Like

The Chaser’s 12-week run of their 11am-1pm program that aired on Triple M Sydney has concluded yesterday.

Source: Radioinfo

Mix in perth will soon be getting the night shift
Just another change as the rumours continue about mix becoming triple M Perth in 2018

1 Like

Due to lack of slots on perth Dab radio only Triple M classic is available

I thought the rebranding of the remaining Triple M network stations (including KOFM Newcastle, 2GO Gosford and 4TO Townsville) was due to occur in December of this year (12 months after the others).

5 Likes

Triple M trying 4 different formats this week after their music check-up campaign the last couple of weeks. Enjoying Classic Rock already today.

4 Likes

Why do the M’s bother with this. Will they ever actually commit for a format change?

My bet this time is we’ll see the introduction of another “theme day”. Maybe Classic Rock Wednesdays this time??

IMO just stick to [market]'s Best Rock and move on.

Which Triple M? All cities?

Just Sydney and Melbourne I think.

Starts tomorrow night.

This quote made me laugh - from the posted article:

The time zone difference will not affect listener ability to call into the show. They can join the conversation by calling 13 33 53.

Um…yes it will. The article states the show will air from 12-5am. That means it will be on a 2hr delay…

Do the regional Triple M stations in WA take this on a delay or live? I have heard callers from regional WA call a few times, I always assumed it is live.

it does not affect the “listener ability to call into the show” as stated.

Yes it’s on delay but there’s no set topic and callers can ring in and discuss anything they want, as regional WA listeners have done. If they call at midnight their time it’s 2am, still got 3 and a half hours to get involved with the show before it finishes at 5.30 AEST.

Except if they try and call at 4am WST :rofl:

I thought it went to them live as Luke always says "welcome to our WA listeners it’s 2:00 in the eastern states, 1:30 Igor our listeners in SA and just on midnight in WA.
But it doesn’t affect anything in terms of calling in besides the last 2 hours of the programme when you wouldn’t be able to get through anyway.

If that’s the case, I’m assuming WA then gets automated music from 3am until brekky.

I can’t imagine Luke extending the program for another 2 hours just for WA listeners.

It would also be more of an issue during daylight savings, with QLD listeners also being affected.

3 Likes

It goes to QLD live at 11pm

3 Likes

just on luke bona is the music playlist the same on the regionals as it is on the metros