Triple M Network

I agree with some of that. But even when they went with a classic rock playlist on FM it was really narrow, repetitive and safe, compared with what they were playing on Digital.

Granted, but you don’t hear Kate, Tim & Marty or Smallzy pretend to be local - it’s the one show with local ads

I know it wont happen but I would like Triple M 104.1 Classic Rock from 60s to 90s. Mostly focused on 60s 70s. Play a lot of beatles, doors. Jimmy Hendrix etc. Triple M 104.9 can be sport talk with modern rock thrown in.

2ue and 2gb do overlap with car talk, tech talk etc. So why not two fm stations. They will have rock music to themselves. Nova, Kiss cover the modern music segment well enough.

3 Likes

Don’t think SCA would do anything like you said but I can see where you are coming from. They’d do this digitally I’d say though. I don’t know why they don’t change the music it hasn’t worked for years and I believe that’s their biggest downfall.

That’s so true… and I’d be happy to listen to that…

But… needless to say, in the battle of wall-to-wall music, radio can’t compete with the likes of Spotify.

1 Like

I was wondering why Generation 90s was moved to 1pm on Triple M Melbourne, this explains it.

Also noticed today that Ugly Phil is doing Triple M Melbourne from 12pm (still from Sydney I assume) but he must only be on air in Melbourne for the first hour while The Chaser is on in Sydney.

1 Like

Seems strange that 4MMM would come straight out of an ad break and top the hour (7pm) with ‘We are the World - USA for Africa’… full song.

1 Like

Will be interesting to see if Phil keeps broadcasting into Melb. Jane gazzo is back from maternity leave. She used to do afternoon. Dave Williams is now on leave for a few weeks and Jane is covering his shift. Will be interesting to see where Jane will go when Dave is back

1 Like

Back to her normal shift I believe. I think Phil was only broadcasting into Melbourne to cover for her

1 Like

Ah ok, makes sense.

What’s Jacqui Kassulke doing in Sydney atm. Heard her when they were at “the shops” but outside of that it’s been rare.

Last I heard she’s content/music for some of the digital stations.

MMM Melbourne promoting Rush Hour moving “back to 3-5pm” from tomorrow: any idea what’s filling the 5-7pm slot?

Rush Hour catchup in their 3rd hour (5-6pm). Then Hot Breakfast catchup (6-7pm).

Won’t it become All Day Breakfast? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Sounds awful.

Jane Gazzo was back from maternity leave two weeks ago, filling in while Dangerous Dave was on leave.

Now he’s returned, but where is Jane? This afternoon we’ve had Ugly Phil until 3pm, then the Rush Hour. I assumed she’d return to afternoons but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

1 Like

It seems like she is only hosting Homegrown.

Rush Hour 3-5pm, followed by Rush Hour catch up until 6pm…too bad if you’ve just listened to the show!

I gather this is ok with all parties but it seems like a demotion if she’s gone from afternoons to Homegrown.