Triple M Network

Yeah the both of you are absolutely right as it pertains to the music on triple m i also listen to triple m becouse of sport but yeah i wont be listening came monday after 9

Yeah Rebel are amazing. Gee if they could get a DAB licence in the capitals Triple M would be in trouble.

1 Like

Spot on exactly right if triple m listeners knew about rebel that would be nearly all of it listeners gone because nearly all of the triple m listeners including myself are fed up with their music Playlist

2 Likes

ratings show otherwise.

1 Like

Rebel doesn’t compete with Triple M so how can ratings show anything?

4 Likes

Yeah thats very true it doesn’t but the point i was trying to make was triplem needs to stop with the massive amount of 90s music they have been playing lately

1 Like

90s music all day tomorrow on Triple M in Melbourne.

And thats exactly what I mean by my previous post this needs to stop because the difference between triplem and rebel is triple m just repeats the same 90s music all the time but with rebel they play 90s rock that hasnt been heard on radio for a long time

1 Like

the poster said “nearly all of the triple m listeners including myself are fed up with their music playlist” and that’s plain and simple wrong. MMM is mostly up, and they are #1 for men.

Must be doing something bloody right.

2 Likes

I take your point. But the first part of the post was about what would happen if Rebel FM was actually competing with Triple M.

In reality what choice do listeners who are looking for rock music really have? It’s Triple M or nothing. So it’s hard to hang your hat on ratings when there’s no actual competition!

1 Like

That’s the only thing I’d change for now is music selection, hasn’t been up to scratch in Sydney for ages. I like the Grill team, I like Merrick and love the NRL coverage.
When
N I lived in Melbourne for 6 months a few years back Triple M Melbourne did a great job in music selection.

I was back down in Melbourne recently and enjoyed the Triple M music for the most part, but 3MMM has for the last howevermany years had the same problem of a super tight playlist. When you don’t hear them often, the hit songs from Pearl Jam’s “Ten”, Live’s “Throwing Copper”, Nirvana’s “Nevermind” and the like are great, but when they’re played every single day they just get tired

So as a change I think 3MMM is a decent station, but it’s hard to leave your radio on it all day long five days a week without getting bored. Not the only offender in that regard though by a long way

Who has replaced Seb Costello on the Hot Breakfast?

On a morning when I don’t feel like listening to happy clappy music, 4MMM have provided a good mix… good Anzac grabs after the news… respectful… plus some good solid blokey rock.

2 Likes

I put 4MMM on a team home over 2MMM nowadays so there’s less 90’s. But Adelaide is Also very good. Melbourne is playing the same as Sydney at the moment anyway.

Finally, NRL coverage has taken precedence over the Swans on Triple M FM Sydney.

They are still with the Roosters vs Eels game, and won’t cross to the call of the Swans game (which has just started) until 6pm.

Pretty rare occurrence that the Swans are the Sunday Twilight game (even the games they got in Perth are either Saturday twilight or last year a Sunday 3:20 FTA game), don’t think that clash happens again this season.

Merrick Watts to leave Triple M Sydney’s drive program at the end of this year.

According to the following article below, The Chaser, who are currently doing the 11am-1pm slot in Sydney until late July, could be tipped to take over the drive program nationally in 2018.

2 Likes

As the lowest rating commercial FM station at Drive in Sydney (behind JJJ as well), maybe Merrick has been ever so slightly pushed.

with Triple M Melbourne having a mostly 90s rpck (with lots of Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers and the like) they should bring back this ad:

courtesy of Youtuber Marc “Magic” McCreadie

2 Likes