Triple M Network

yeah I’m sick of 90’s too, all grunge and crap it’s not great.

2 Likes

You mean 90s rock music or 90s music in general?

90s rock its the only type of countdown Triplem ever do

I’ll never forgive those bastards for killing off Classic Rock. They deserve to fail.

5 Likes

I’m the same in my opinion it was one of the worst company decisions ever I even put a classic rock digital picture on my tablet wallpaper

1 Like

Luke Bona is off for a fortnight to have a holiday/eye surgery.

Sam Hargreaves is filling in. What’s your thoughts on him?

Triple M The nightshift is their facebook page to listen back to him.

He’s pretty good

1 Like

Hey did anyone here listen to the 90s countdown that triple m did on Thursday according to several people on Facebook it was horrible

No I didn’t catch it. I’m just surprised when I flick to Triple M and they’re actually playing music I’m almost grateful.

2 Likes

Yeah exactly at least on the regional networks they play good music when they choose too but I was on holidays for a couple of a days and a got a chance to listen to 95.3 triplem in the Goulburn valley and in my opinion they have a better playlist then what triplem metro do

1 Like

Triple M Brisbane was playing 80’s all weekend like their regional counterparts when not on sport and talk rubbishy chat.

1 Like

I would agree with that. In my part of the world, many parts of Sydney can get 2GO from the Central Coast, which carries the “Greatest Hits of the 80s, 90s & Now” format, and they don’t take as much talk/sport as Triple M Sydney does. When I was in Hobart last month, I listened a fair bit to the local Triple M, which carries the same playlist/format as heard on 2GO.

FYI, the Goulburn Valley station carries the “Greatest Hits of the 70s to Now” format, which its playlist is also heard on its Bendigo, Albury, Mildura, Orange, Coffs Harbour & Rockhampton/Gladstone stations.

Yeah I already knew that from listening to it just pointing out that the music on regionals has a better playlist than metro but with those stations you just mentioned from the 70s to now format I like those stations plays less 90s music than what metro triple m does

2 Likes

I am surprised that 4TO FM has dropped the 70’s from their playlist since it is always popular for the 40+ and I would of thought Triple M Rocky would have the “Greatest Hits of the 80s, 90s & Now” format since both 4RO and 4CC both have “Classic Hits” format. If 4CC ever gets granted a FM license and changed to Star I bet Triple M Rocky/Gladstone format would change.

1 Like

Actually, despite using the “Classic Hits” positioner, 4RO is more of a talk station in contrast to 4CC. 4MK in Mackay & 4CA in Cairns are really more true to its “Classic Hits” format than 4RO are, which would partly explain why Triple M in both of those markets have the “Greatest Hits of the 80s, 90s & Now” format.

I would say the same for Triple M in Wagga, Griffith, Mt Gambier & most of Regional WA if they were to convert to FM, in which they would change from “Classic Hits” to “Greatest Hits from the 70s to Now”.

2 Likes

And Mildura!:stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, thanks for reminding me. I’ve since edited that post to include Mildura. :slight_smile:

I’ve just started listening to rebel fm and its just embarrassing how much better it is compared to the alleged rock network triplem

3 Likes

Look I love Triple M and SCA stations I’m a sport nut and love how they broadcast it. But the music on Triple M is horrible. Too much of the 90’s and not enough classic rock the genre that first got me listening to the M’s. Even worse they have nothing but 90’s Mondays. I will not be listening after 9.

2 Likes

Triple M Adelaide play more classic rock than Triple M Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane do.