Triple M Network

2 Likes

what a self-righteous prick. iā€™m sorry but there is no other word for him. an apology costs nothing but would help the issue so much.

9 Likes

Goes to show how big an ego Kent has. No one should be too big to apologise.

6 Likes

Sure the show jokes are part of the show I agree with Paul (from listening in from time to time) , but there is always a line especially in a workplace. The joke can go too far. He was asked off air to stop. I know Gordon has been offended before when he was player from the crowd once. It goes to show everyone has a sensitive spot or limit to teasing and jokes, Paul should respect that.

3 Likes

I hate to ask, but could someone please summarize this drama for me :slight_smile:
I havenā€™t followed it at all and donā€™t know what itā€™s about.
Iā€™m also too lazy to read all the articles about it so a summary would be great LOL.

2 Likes

Start with Rayā€™s clip here.

5 Likes

im still trying to work out what the issue is with marooon and the tax office

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a running ā€˜gagā€™ that he takes cash in hand jobs (which he doesnā€™t declare to the ATO) and so doesnā€™t pay tax. (from what I can gather from the articles, never listened to the show)

6 Likes

Maroon like many other media and sports personalities have side jobs as master of ceremonies at charity, corporate and sporting functions and there is often an inference that they are cashies, i.e. paid for in cash rather than going into a bank account meaning there is no financial record.

Like most of the football panel shows, there is a degree of banter, but obviously it went to far. The ultimate fault in the whole sorry appears to be Triple M management for appearing to ignore calls for it to stop.

Not the first time there have been personality clashes within the Triple M NRL team, Kent and Peter Sterling were both quite open that they were not on speaking terms.

5 Likes

The obvious common element is Paul Kent. No coincidence that his ego is seemingly so big that he doesnā€™t believe he should apologise. But really, Triple M management shouldā€™ve stepped in. However, from experience, theyā€™re just as bad when it comes to taking things too far.

6 Likes

Regionals are taking the Sharks vs Raiders game today while the metros take the Sunday sin bin.

4 Likes

Basil Zempilas has revealed he is in talks with Triple M management to wind back his role at the stationā€™s breakfast show due to increasing commitments as Perth Lord Mayor.

5 Likes

This seems reasonable. Iā€™ve always found it weird that being the Lord Mayor of Perth could be a part time job and that you could do 2 other jobs simultaneously (but then again I come from Brisbane which due to unique circumstances that were put in place about 100 years ago means we have the largest City Council in Australia by a long way and therefore I think it would be impossible to do that mayoral job part time).

7 Likes

Doing a superb job. The often unforgiving middawn audience immediately enjoyed Patā€™s content and style.

Having an on air panel op really helps. Leroy who? is the panel op.

1 Like
3 Likes

I am a Sydney boy but a big fan of Marty. He was very funny last night on HYBPA on ch 10. Marty should be a Triple M keeper. Heā€™s proper funny. Unlike the biggest un-funny fail we had here Mooney.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Dan Anstey from Sea FM Gold Coast breakfast is joining Triple M Brisbaneā€™s Breakfast with Marto and Margaux next Monday (May 30). He is moving his young family from GC to Brisbane.

EDIT:

4 Likes

Who was the anchor? Jamie Angel?

Limited time only special by Jamie Angel? Enough other work to do?

2 Likes

Anstey is joining Triple M Brisbane breakfast on a full-time basis.

2 Likes