Triple M Network

They want to improve ratings in Sydney with a Sydney centric show, think that Lawrence Mooney and Jules Schiller would be a good combo for a drive home. Even if the Rush Hour was the Drive home wouldn’t mind that either. Merrick is good value and a funny guy but not everyone’s cup of tea. We’all see if they get a clean out on the M’s after the year of ratings. My opinion the music needs improvement, less of the same music all the time, I reckon they should delve into more 70’s and 80’s rock less 90’s grunge. Not floggging the new stuff would be great as well. That’s where the changes need to start.

3 Likes

Lawrence is certainly sounding good on the cricket coverage.

So what will the show be called? It won’t be Merrick “and Australia” no more.

rage against the 90s started at 6 pm today and now after 7 they are replaying same songs (listening through the app)
unproffesional

and talk over night just play music instead leave talk for am stations and what happens to music on the regionals when a networked program is on and triple m play a song that the regionals dont will the regionals put there own music on

Yes, it’s been common for networked programs to have different playlists eg. Merrick And The Highway Patrol.

It’s not always live and as the song lengths can be different, the networked bits can be 30 or so seconds out on metro vs regionals.

There are often no song announcements as a result either.

It’ll be be called Merrickville

Yeah working night shift it’s painful listening to 2 songs ads. A lot of it is flogged stuff as well besides Friday and Saturday nights. Looking forward to Bona

Triple M Sydney have been playing the same ad for the last 5 mins straight… its only been aired 15 times in a row already.

4 Likes

Perhaps their new sell to advertisers?

Triple M - Triple Your Money’s Worth

More than Triple…

The ad is STILL on as I type.

Disgraceful

2 Likes

Well, I’m sure that Certigy Ezi-Pay is loving it! :wink:

2 Likes

Ad finally stopped playing a few mins ago…

Only went for about 40 mins

5 Likes

Even for this time of year when there’s probably limited staff on deck to fix technical problems, having the same 30 Second ad looping for at least 40 minutes in a row (which certainly didn’t go unnoticed by Twitter!) is rather ridiculous for a commercial station in a major metropolitan market!

6 Likes

I couldn’t agree more.

Not good enough from Triple M.

I imagine they will have to pull ads from other slots now to keep themselves under the limit.

4 Likes

Wow that is just unbelievable. Another low point for Triple M. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.
Never mind, it’s a talk station now so it’s not like people were missing any music. And the radio people wonder why ipods, streaming and overseas stations are so popular.

9 Likes

It’s surprising that someone couldn’t log into the system remotely and correct the problem. Even, having the playout switched off could have been a quick option to trigger the back up tape.

5 Likes
1 Like

SCA seriously need to move their metro stations into this century and get rid of Maestro. It might have some nice easy to use features, but it’s also a pain to maintain and is causing more and more issues.

2 Likes

That reminds me of the “Jesus Christ…” episode on Channel 7 about a decade ago, which I was fortunate enough to see live. I didn’t catch this, though, because my dials are allergic to the 104.9 frequency.

3 Likes

yeah thats what i thought the regionals took the luke bona show complete with music

so does that mean regionals will play music they dont normally play