Triple M Network

Elissa doing the arvo shift today

1 Like

And sheā€™s playing it right, songs in full from start to bottom including introduction of music before songs!

1 Like

Perhaps they didnā€™t set up their automation correctly? Transitioned in/out of the voicetracks incorrectly?

But surely a station such as Mix would be live?

Digby Gillings on the move back to the Gold Coast I heard on air today on the rush hour

2 Likes

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/radio/triple-ms-gus-worland-reveals-best-and-worst-celebrities-hes-met-during-10-years-on-air/news-story/cd98feb42a885e0161480d8800969afe

The one we disliked the most was Steven Seagal who is the perfect actor for Triple M listeners but heā€™s always been very difficultā€¦
Wayne Gardner (former 500cc Motorcycle World Champion) was a bit of a knob-end too.

Gus rated Hulk Hogan, Rick Astley, Michael Buble and Michael Parkinson as some of the best celebrities he met.

2 Likes

Ok itā€™s happened again the one on Mix between 6am and 12pm on the weekends has yet again edited songs and only played from the first word and refuses to say who he is, might have to see what Mix say. Really annoying me.

Elissa and Sheridan (Saturday And sunday arvo respectively) have played the songs in full including the introduction. One example the one in Mornings last saturday morning played Africa by Toto only from the first word and this afternoon just before 5pm it was played by Sheridan in full including introduction of the song!

1 Like

Sounds like itā€™s just the one announcer/panel op who is doing it.

Iā€™m really enjoying Matty Oā€™Gorman on 3MMM mornings.

Matty O had also been hosting the Triple M Aussie show on Sunday nights. He is the drummer from band British India.

3 Likes

It creates a ā€œwall of soundā€ effect (and what Hit does) - I do it too, especially in MMM Party Shuffle. Iā€™m less pedantic when panelling an OB or music shift. Zetta allows really fun edits and tight segueing. I can spend 5 or more minutes just getting one song sounding shit hot out of a sweep. But Iā€™m OCD and pedantic :smiley:

1 Like

Dead air on 105.1 Melbourne? Anyone else?

Working just fine on digital, and 101.9 Fox isnā€™t affected either

2 Likes

I didnā€™t notice anything unusual. How long were they off air? Iā€™ve noticed sometimes they have sync problems and end up with a longer pause than usual when theyā€™re trying to align all the national stations.

1 Like

Donā€™t know exactly how long, since I switched to TuneIn on my phone, but kept checking back and it must have been at least 40 minutes.

1 Like

Wow thatā€™s a long time, particularly during a workday when theyā€™d have more people listening than most other times.

1 Like

At least three times this morning there was dead air in Melbourne. Seemed ok during the Hot Breakfast but started as soon as that show ended.

1 Like

I heard it intermittently yesterday afternoon which makes me think that my original post on Tuesday was wrong, it wasnā€™t for 40 minutes, i reckon i tuned in at the wrong time when I was checking the analogue radio

1 Like

What Canā€™t Greatest Hits Digital Play 2 Hours of Hard Rock Each Weeknight and on Weekends?

Fantastic week on Hot Breakfast with them recapping some of the funny/sad/serious stories theyā€™ve had over the past 10 years. Awesome effort for a FM breakfast show to last so long.

Great to hear Jay Mueller back on MMM this morning, and even happier to hear that heā€™ll be back at the station in a couple of weeks when he begins working on Kennedy Molloy.

6 Likes

Jay Mueller left Hot Breakfast at the end of 2017 and went to Pacific Star (pre-Crocmedia merger) to be Group Director of Broadcast and Digital. I believe the position never eventuated after the Crocmedia merger in early 2018 caused a restructure but he stayed on as Executive Producer of Gerard Whateleyā€™s program for a short while which even took him to the Superbowl with Gerard I recall.

I think heā€™s been working for Eddie Mcguireā€™s company JAM TV since leaving Pacific Star. Good to hear heā€™s returning to the Ms.

That is all correct. He was criticising his current boss on air today (in jest of course), but it will be great to have him back producing at the station again. He was brilliant on the Hot Breakfast and has a celebrity contact list to die for! Heā€™ll be great on Kennedy Molloy because too often they repeat stories that Iā€™ve heard on the Hot Breakfast in the morning.

3 Likes