Triple M Network

Mix 94.5’s Elissa Macneall handed over the anchor role of Dead Set Legends to Paul Hogan ex 96fm presenter as of this morning.

Good to hear Tim Lordan on all week including today

2 Likes

Surely there is some one else then Hogan
He has the personality of a Pea :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

1 Like

Amusing.

Hogan is from the SCA club, his move to 96 bfast was never a concern for them. Hogan and SCA would’ve both known they’d be back together once 96 had its run with him.

Triple M Brisbane have brought back the ‘2 for Tuesday ‘ today ,2 songs by same singer/band .Do any of the other metro Triple M stations have it too?

4 Likes
1 Like

They have it in Melbourne too.

1 Like

What’s happening to Digby?

God I hope so. I think they should be playing this stuff at nights

1 Like

Mix 94.5 ever since 6am this morning WST they have been editing the songs and only starting the playing from the first word of the song like some Toto’s, Imagine Dragons, Pink’s, Murray Heads etc not sure why even tho this morning 12am to 6am they played songs in full. Plus now after Dead Set legends 10am to 12pm hearing a new voice don’t think it’s Dave Ferrier but keen to see who it is. See who’s on after 12.

1 Like

My pet hate is when they start talking when there’s another 20-30 seconds of the vocals in the song remaining.

6 Likes

Elissa doing the arvo shift today

1 Like

And she’s playing it right, songs in full from start to bottom including introduction of music before songs!

1 Like

Perhaps they didn’t set up their automation correctly? Transitioned in/out of the voicetracks incorrectly?

But surely a station such as Mix would be live?

Digby Gillings on the move back to the Gold Coast I heard on air today on the rush hour

2 Likes

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/radio/triple-ms-gus-worland-reveals-best-and-worst-celebrities-hes-met-during-10-years-on-air/news-story/cd98feb42a885e0161480d8800969afe

The one we disliked the most was Steven Seagal who is the perfect actor for Triple M listeners but he’s always been very difficult…
Wayne Gardner (former 500cc Motorcycle World Champion) was a bit of a knob-end too.

Gus rated Hulk Hogan, Rick Astley, Michael Buble and Michael Parkinson as some of the best celebrities he met.

2 Likes

Ok it’s happened again the one on Mix between 6am and 12pm on the weekends has yet again edited songs and only played from the first word and refuses to say who he is, might have to see what Mix say. Really annoying me.

Elissa and Sheridan (Saturday And sunday arvo respectively) have played the songs in full including the introduction. One example the one in Mornings last saturday morning played Africa by Toto only from the first word and this afternoon just before 5pm it was played by Sheridan in full including introduction of the song!

1 Like

Sounds like it’s just the one announcer/panel op who is doing it.

I’m really enjoying Matty O’Gorman on 3MMM mornings.

Matty O had also been hosting the Triple M Aussie show on Sunday nights. He is the drummer from band British India.

3 Likes

It creates a “wall of sound” effect (and what Hit does) - I do it too, especially in MMM Party Shuffle. I’m less pedantic when panelling an OB or music shift. Zetta allows really fun edits and tight segueing. I can spend 5 or more minutes just getting one song sounding shit hot out of a sweep. But I’m OCD and pedantic :smiley: