Tongue-in-cheek mocks

If Media Spy had a showbag…

Contents include:

*RTL/SDR tuner - ideal for DVB-T, DAB+ & FM.
*A proper VHF/UHF antenna…because those ones provided in the boxes of tuners are utterly hopeless at reception.
*Metal keyring…without anything extra.
*Sunglasses.
*Umbrella - you’ll probably be more likely to use this than the sunglasses, knowing what the weather is often like in Sydney at Showtime!
*Coffee mug - may be broken once you arrive home.
*Cap
*Drink Bottle
*Blow-up Hammer (because what Easter Showbag would be complete without one?)
*Tote bag to carry it all in.

Plus your choice of “Relaunched Size” snack & drink (range including, but not limited to those pictured)

Other suggestions welcome. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I would’ve included a “I hate the WIN shitstain” bumper sticker, the “return The Simpsons to 6pm on Ten” T shirt and a channel Ten programmers white board with First Thing at 6am and news at 6pm already entered with permanent marker.

10 Likes

How big is that? Surely we’re talking a few kilos

3 Likes

The largest sized bag produced for the chips and 1.25 litre bottles for the soft drink, because a 2 litre bottle would be just far too heavy while the old 600ml “Buddy” size probably isn’t quite big enough to be “Relaunch Sized” for many Media Spy members! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Geez, that would be an expensive bag! :rofl:

A proper MediaSpy showbag has the following:

• DAB radio
  • Shitty earphones
  • Shitty cap that doesn’t fit
  • Shitty keep cup that leaks
  • Shitty useless lanyard
  • Stickers that don’t actually stick to anything
  • A ECC-branded vomit bag because I make everyone sick :rofl:
  • Out of date lollies, chips and drinks
  • Useless coupons for brands and business you’ve never heard of
  • all kept in a duffle bag that breaks when you put anything heavy in there.

All very ridiculously priced, of course. :rofl: :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

All branded with shitty WIN mappy I presume? :joy:

2 Likes

Maybe? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Please don’t let there be an eggplant in there. Just, no.

2 Likes

Idk about anyone else here but for a relaunch I need at least a 5KG bag of chips and a 2L Solo and Mtn Dew

3 Likes

If Channel Ten really went overboard with Grant Denyer after the launch of Celebrity Name Game:

Also while I’m at it, something I’m sure we’d all really like to see (but probably never will) on Gogglebox: The Jacksons reacting to their appearance on Nine News Sydney’s 2012 NSW Budget Coverage in 2019!

Finally, I know this one probably would’ve been more relevant a couple of months back when Brooke Boney replaced Richard Wilkins as Today’s main entertainment reporter, but I think a singing Richard Wilkins getting “The Boot” still works. Not expecting to see it during Nine’s coverage of the 2019 NSW Election on Saturday though! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Sorry, but I couldn’t resist doing a rather obvious re-edit after seeing “Ronald McDonald” as the name of an actual candidate during the election coverage! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

17 Likes

Would’ve preferred to vote for the clown than the other two parties.

6 Likes

Sadly, I agree with you.

3 Likes

What?

4 Likes

The proof is in the non-existant mock… Hence the name of this thread… :joy:

2 Likes

Jim’s Group today expanded into the media with launch of…

This was followed by the acquisition of a certain media discussion site

16 Likes

Presuming that Brexit is now expected to happen on April 12, here’s how I’d imagine an updated version of the countdown graphics on Seven News Sydney would be like after remembering another reason that day will be important for some of their viewers! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I almost would go for a full-time screen, but why not just keep it to half of Fergo’s face, eh?

1 Like

Sneak peek at the new season of MasterChef as 10 adds new style challenges to try to capture some of the Married at First Sight audience.

7 Likes

LOL love this. Thought it was real for a moment!!

5 Likes