Today

Kodos

Karl and Leila? From memory, Karl hosted with Deb last year with Alex on news. Happy to be corrected though.

2 Likes

Mixed messages from Today this morning.

2 Likes

After the media conference where the Brisbane lockdown was lifted, Today went back to pre-recorded Today which had been shown in Sydney at 8:05 local time

Sydney:

6 Likes

Friday 2 April (Good Friday):
Alex is hosting with Lelia McKinnon. Charles Croucher is on news this morning.
Karl is having a day off.

7 Likes

8 Likes

Saturday 3 April & Sunday 4 April-

Aislin Kriukelis is presenting weather from Brisbane this weekend.

At the start of this morning’s show the team of course mentioned about last Sunday’s issues with no show going to air… Dickie joked that some people thought it was because his hairdresser didn’t turn up! :joy:

10 Likes

Why is Weekend Today hyping up things for Qld this morning with headlines that the PA hospital is in lockdown and contact tracers are in a “frenzy”… there is nothing new here… they found a second historical case yesterday linked to one room at the PA which they’re investigating, they’re doing deep cleans and workers who were close contacts are in home isolation… none of that is new… just sensationalism by Weekend Today and 9News.

1 Like

And today no new locally acquitted cases and just one in hotel quarantine. Will Today report that?
By contrast, Weekend Sunrise just reported the numbers as “good news for Qld.”

During this whole pandemic l’ve seen lots of headlines across all networks that l would’ve classed as fear mongering or not updated correctly at the time.

2 Likes

I think Dickie and Bec are hosting Today this morning (based on an Instagram post by Ben Fordham)

3 Likes

Easter Monday 5 April-

Dickie and Bec are hosting with Charles Croucher presenting news/sport and Lauren Phillips presenting weather from Coolangatta in Queensland this morning.

6 Likes

Not sure about y’all, but I’ve been watching Today this weekend and I don’t really see a problem with Dickie and Bec?
They both seem to get on quite well. Bec is certainly the shining star though.

It’s a Richard tall poppy syndrome thing. They work fine together. They’re no Karl and Lisa pairing, but they’re fine for what they do.

It was clever cost effecting measure to use them today considering they didn’t work last Sunday cause of the hacking.

Just because the show didn’t go ahead, doesn’t mean they weren’t “working”.
On Saturday Bec commented how last Sunday was their funniest show - so I assume they had a bit of fun while they were off air.

1 Like

Are you a hillbilly?

1 Like

They were there, dressed, ready to go and remained for the duration of the show in case they could get on air. By any measure, they would have had to have had this counted as time worked.

1 Like

American language trigger warning required for Jbar, guys. Please keep in mind.

4 Likes

Why use it, if it is clearly American language?