Today

So does that mean Karl, Leila and Brooke aren’t working off an autocue?

10 Likes

I think autocue can still be used independently offline or on a different server.

Alex’s studio

13 Likes

I don’t think Karl’s jokes about Russia were appropriate this morning…

Also, I wonder why Lelia sat on the LHS of the desk. Totally understandable with Ally’s leg, but was a bit weird this morning.

2 Likes

@BrekkyTVFan Because that’s the new normal of the seats. They want to compete with Sunrise

1 Like

Thought that desk looked familiar.
It appears to be the same one that was used back in 2010-11 when ACA was done out of Melbourne, with some small changes done in the meantime.

Look at the lightbox under the desk, the exact same shape with a curved rectangle (not entirely clear in Alex’s cap, but look at the top left).

Never noticed that on the regional bulletins, because there was never a wide set shot.
Full credit to @Brad for the cap

7 Likes

LOL as if that alone makes Today more competitive with Sunrise :joy:

5 Likes

Correct.

1 Like

12 Likes

One thing Today have going for it with what’s going at Nine is that if footage cannot be played, or if the autocue doesn’t work or something like that, they can get Karl and Ally (or Lelia just as much) to just banter, which I for one want to see more off.
This is the same as David and Belinda on Today Extra.

Can you imagine if the 2018 or 2019 teams had to banter for an unknown period of time, would be better off going to a commercial :rofl::rofl:.

5 Likes

Leila for the next 3 weeks.

5 Likes

Seems strange timing for Alli to take 3 weeks off given the change of presenting line up at Sunrise.

3 Likes

Langdon is filming a primetime show called ‘The Parent Jury’ on Channel Nine. Given the 3 weeks break

3 Likes

I thought Jo Frost was supposed to be on it. Something must’ve changed.

Well given this image

3 Likes

Wednesday 31 March-

Alex is back in the Sydney studio with Leila and Karl this morning.

5 Likes

No early news again this morning.

10 Likes

IT issues and early mornings are NO EXCUSE for clip art!

2 Likes

What was the point of having Alex read the news from GTV for a couple of days?