Today

Yeah you’re right, Gabby is on leave. I don’t know why some race to the conclusion/s that when a presenter/reporter hasn’t been seen they’ve been shafted or moved on to other roles.

2 Likes

Wait… Have they put a darker yellow on the time stamp? It’s so much easier to read on Today Extra with the blue.

1 Like

Tim Davies will be filling in for Clint Stanaway tomorrow.

4 Likes

7 Likes

From news.com.au

In 2014, Shirvington’s name was merely gossiped about among a flurry of options to take over from Ben Fordham as sports reporter on Nine’s Today show. Ultimately, he was overlooked in favour of Tim Gilbert

2 Likes

Had no idea. I always thought Tim was a certain replacement for Ben. The only other name I can remember being floated around was Erin Molan.
That would’ve been interesting. I think he would’ve worked well with Karl.
And who knows, maybe he could’ve been promoted to host in 2019 when Karl was ousted?

1 Like

New bride for viewers - looks like one of those last to have your had on the car contests.

4 Likes

They should probably try giving away a car band that people are actually familiar with.

1 Like

It’s a commercial tie-in, to promote the car brand, so viewers become more familiar with it…

1 Like

Well aware on product placement and brand partnerships, but I highly doubt someone sitting on the couch with their partner is going to say “Hey honey, let’s go buy a Omoda 5”

But they might consider it if they learn about it from the show. If they don’t even know the car brand exists then they most certainly won’t buy it.

2 Likes

Gabrielle Boyle back reporting today.

5 Likes

And in Breaking News, Karl has left the Today Show and found his replacement;

14 Likes

4 Likes

I wish they would use the bigger studio more

1 Like

The studio feel way too “cold” for a morning show. They’d need to rejig the set elements for it to work on Today.

6 Likes

New ‘Your Money’ Background

2 Likes

New Banners on 9Now

9 Likes

Hopefully a refresh is coming for both shows. Their graphics looks really outdated.

5 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. I really feel the colour scheme & graphics needs a change… it hasn’t been decent since before the 2016 graphics refresh.

Also I miss when ‘Today Extra’ was seperate from ‘Today’ and was just ‘Mornings’.

7 Likes