Today

What does central refer to though? Adelaide?

Yes, it refers to Australian Central Standard Time.

4 Likes

and Darwin

1 Like

It’s a bit easier to understand I guess.

2 Likes

Nine took CNN from 3 AM

Later with no Nine watermark

3:53 AM

4:00 AM

First photo

8 Likes

I think you mean 3am :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Brooke and Alex joined Karl and Sarah on the desk at the 7am hour.

4 Likes

Nine and Seven switched to CNN for this (SD feed):

7:00 opener

Back to some local news for the first time 7:06

Later

4 Likes

Today extending past usual 9:10 am finish time. Nine switching to news coverage at 9:47am.

5 Likes

I actually enjoy Stanaway on WT not gonna lie. Breath of fresh air

6 Likes

Today’s location bugs/watermarks this morning.

Sydney, Melbourne

4 Likes

Karl squirms on-air over awkward Noosa dig:

Karl Stefanovic wasn’t quite expecting such an awkward reaction to revealing his Easter plans on-air this morning.

The Today co-host was interviewing Tourism & Transport CEO Margy Osmond on Thursday’s Nine program, when Osmond asked what he was doing for the long weekend. “Going to Noosa,” Stefanovic said.

The comment prompted a coy smile from Osmond, who cheekily asked, “What could go wrong?” – in obvious reference to Stefanovic’s infamous Noosa park brawl with former Test cricket captain Michael Clarke in January. Stefanovic, 48, was initially left speechless as Osmond broke into giggles, simply responding, “Fair point”.

Meanwhile, the camera flashed to co-host Sarah Abo who was concealing her own chuckles with paperwork.“Oh, yes. What could go wrong, Karl?” Abo said.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/morning-shows/karl-stefanovic-squirms-as-he-reveals-easter-plans-onair-what-could-go-wrong/news-story/35db8ec3cc6f8e5c0cb480617dd7b69e

!

No respect. :joy:

2 Likes

Hardly a brawl

Are you going to be questioning the meaning of every word used by the media now?

brawl /brɔːl/ noun

1. a rough or noisy fight or quarrel.

That’s exactly what it was. A noisy quarrel.

6 Likes

Watching Today this morning and noticed that every single reporter they’ve crossed to is a female with long blond hair.
Do they have any male reporters?

1 Like

Back when they did dedicated crosses to Adelaide and Perth based 9 News reporters, they would occasionally have a Male on, but I have noticed the same thing as you have, not that I’m complaining as the current reporters are all quite good.

The woman doing the weather today on Today is so irritating - her manner and her voice are just grating…

1 Like

Given Matt Doran is clearly not going to succeed Kochie at Sunrise, I wonder if Nine should have a crack at poaching him and Natarsha Belling to host Weekend Today.

12 Likes

Interested to see what the incentive would be. He’s already host of Weekend Sunrise and he’s not a lot younger than Karl so couldn’t realistically expect to replace him anytime soon. I suppose if the money was right. He also hosts the new Crime Investigation Australia (where he is also seen around the world on streaming platforms). He also hosted the “reversioned” series. So perhaps Nine might need something similar to add to the 2 days a week. Would he be interested in news reading again?

2 Likes

It’s really a shame that he isn’t the obvious candidate anymore as he’s quite good. Hard to believe the Adele interview snafu is what did him in.

2 Likes