Today

I’ll indulge your obsession :smile: 6,000.

2 Likes

Loving the graphics and set. Giving GMA (US) vibes

1 Like

I’m curious where they store the AO set. Wonder if there is storage at Melb Park? Doubt it would fit at GTV

I might be wrong, but the desk they use for the AO coverage might be similar, if not the same, to the one used for the Sunday Footy Show.

Don’t know about this headline.
A Family Affair :thinking:

3 Likes

Why thank you sir :pray::pray::pray:
Close between the 3 then.

Nope it’s a completely different desk.

2 Likes

They really need to put some WD 40 on Karl’s chair :joy:. You can hear him moving throughout the News updates.

A major blow for local content - a close source has told me Nine is ending daily live crosses with Adelaide and Perth newsrooms on Today Show.

Daily chat segments will continue with Karl Langdon (Perth) and Tom Rehn (Adelaide) - however local crews will only be used for breaking news stories.

Local news inserts will also be paused for Perth.

Changes will be noticeable on-air from Wednesday.

6 Likes

I thought this ended a few years ago?

NPC play out dedicated chat segments and interviews at 7:20 and 8:10 for Perth market only - these will end.

These will be national like other states.

2 Likes

IIRC it was revived in 2021 but it was just Karl talking to Tracy etc. Not full blown 15-min inserts but it was still local to Perth. It means Perth will get the national show without inserts.

So it seems that they will not have any live crosses, but the chat with Tom and Karl will remain. They should be grateful they at least will get a chat segment representing their city as Darwin/NNSW get nothing at all.

What time do they do the cross to Tom Rehm because I’ve never seen it except for today when they spoke to him about the TDU.

1 Like

Both will cross together at around 7:35am.

Rehn will cross solo at 6:35am as-well.

1 Like

Or won’t, because everyone’s watching Seven.

1 Like

The Perth market is a lost cause for the Today show, no amount of money will fix that. Best to focus on winning the east coast markets with more east coast content, and leaving the country content to Sunrise.

3 Likes

A good read from TV Tonight.
I’m really hoping that Brooke stays on after the AO finishes on the news duties.

5 Likes

One of this morning’s crosses to Adelaide.

5 Likes

Both programs were just below 200k - more details in the ratings area.

First win since August last year.

Update: Today won the key demos as well, ranking 15th for the day in 25-54

6 Likes

First win this early in the year since 2018 I think (and I’m pretty sure that win was before Karl and Georgie started for the year).

1 Like